Mac OS and CMx2

Nothing I said should make anybody think there is no hope. Well, not unless you think that Apple is going to totally botch things up beyond all hope of recovery. We don't think they will. We just don't want to get going on the port when there are a couple of big unknowns yet to be nailed down. After that, then we can go in and do it.

Steve

Somewhere in the last 2-4 months I recall Steve mentioning a non-simultaneous release.

I'm actually thinking that it might be an order of magnatude easier to make the OS X / Intel port than the PowerPC port. With Intel working on it's compilers for Apple, it may be much easier to compile for Intel than Intel AND PPC.

I;'d love to see it run on PPC, I'm typing this on a 12" powerbook and have a 1GHz G4 and a dual 450 G4 in the basement as servers. I'm a die hard Mac fan. But I also realize that releasing for PPC may not make enough sense for them. But, heck... what do I know?

Tom,

I had always counted on and assumed a simultaneous Mac release...
That is our goal, but it is up to Apple if we reach it or not. If we're near ready to release the game, and there is good reason to still hold off from doing a port, we are not going to hold up the release for an undetermined length of time until a factor completely outside of our control MIGHT fall into place. And then wait another undetermined length of time until the Mac OS port is finished. That is just not going to happen. Nobody would do this, even if we were talking about 50/50 split of platforms. And as we Mac people are well aware... we are a "bit" less than 50% of the market place :(

Steve

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

this is what concerns me

" I would expect that at the very worst CMx2's first game will be for PC only initially with a MacOS version to follow up soon after."

I had always counted on and assumed a simultaneous Mac release...

thats all

Well jeez, that's hardly anything to get down in the dumps about, is it? I mean, that seems awfully petty and childish. Somewhat disappointed I can understand, but "lose all hope"? No way.

The worst that could happen is that a meteor would hit BFCHQ wiping out the key personnel so that there was never a CMx2. But even then, life would go on for the rest of us. Short of that, everything else pales in comparison.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Snip

The worst that could happen is that a meteor would hit BFCHQ wiping out the key personnel so that there was never a CMx2.

Snip

Michael

Well, obviously BFC has already planned for that contingency,

why do you think they are dispersed all over the planet

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Snip

The worst that could happen is that a meteor would hit BFCHQ wiping out the key personnel so that there was never a CMx2.

Snip

Michael

why do you think they are dispersed all over the planet </font>

Ok Ok

I stand corrected

Steve is correct to say BFC CAN'T wait for Apple and the Mac guys only represent somewhat less then %10 fo the market.

Ok

ok...

sorry for the "emtional outburst!"

I was just sort of shocked to read here for the first time that there might be a chance that there would NOT be a simultaneous release.

AND if they have to wait on Apple then that puts everything (AND my gaming experience DAMN IT! :mad: ) at the whim of Steve Jobs.... (Perfect ! I love it when a plan comes together)

:mad:

crap

so now the more I think about it .... IT might actually be just about the right time for another emotional outburst...

crap ccrap crappp

Bah!

grrr...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

(if you get my point)

:(

-tom w

P.S. sorry, I could not help myself perhaps I should not post when mad, dissappointed and frustrated all at the same time.

[ August 26, 2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jeffsmith:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Snip

Snip

Michael

why do you think they are dispersed all over the planet </font>

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Ok Ok

I stand corrected

Steve is correct to say BFC CAN'T wait for Apple and the Mac guys only represent somewhat less then %10 fo the market.

Ok

ok...

Well maybe not now, Apples sales reports are way up this year, for both PowerPCs and well the iPod. ;)