Badgers?! We Don't Need No Stinking Badgers In the Peng Challenge Thread!

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

Bloody Hell!

Lorak and Bauhaus are posting?

Tha's Lord Lorak tae yoo, ye ferty bum-bum persnacklewackin' stack o' sloppy emu dung.

Tha' leige an' founder o' tha Clan OGSF 'as popped hais haid ain tae sae "halloo". Look Yeknodathon, at's Daddy!!

Lorak, hoo's tha knee laddie? </font>

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by OGSF:

At's Hoose o' Lorak, aka Clan OGSF, aka hae a bag drink o' shut tha feck oop.

Oh, so it's both House of Lorak AND Clan OGSF, too, eh? So we can just pile names and titles on willy-nilly, eh? Yeknodathon is a Senior Kanigget... why not toss in Yeknod's International House O' Thistles while you're at it?

An' at's feckin' Lord Lorak tae fluffy browed scamps lak yoo, ye fluffy browed scamp.
Many appy-polly-loggies, Lord Lorak the Loathed and to OGSF I say, you're naught but a haggis humping holdover that even PEKING-FECKIN' MAN would look down his flattened nose at!

You know.....it's a damn shame I work so many hours here in the steenking hot Persian gulf to log in from work and can only log in from home when the neighbour's wireless internet signal is strong enough to steal a piece of.....

Seeing Bauhaus and Lorak and Ober-Grupp'in-Stomp'in-Butt-Munch'in-Fuhrer all posting again..... *sniff*, well its takes one back almost half a decade.....to a simpler time.... when CMBO was the coolest new game out.... when tanks 'sploded like we know they do in the movies..... when no-one 'panicked' when a car back-fired 10 miles away.... when a guy could have a half dozen PBEM games going and his 'wife at the time' could only moan and bitch a little...... ahhhhh good times, good times.......

So what are we up to now?.... Combat Mission, Beyond Death Star?

I lost count after CMBB.

Originally posted by Stuka:

You know.....it's a damn shame I work so many hours here in the steenking hot Persian gulf to log in from work and can only log in from home when the neighbour's wireless internet signal is strong enough to steal a piece of.....

Seeing Bauhaus and Lorak and Ober-Grupp'in-Stomp'in-Butt-Munch'in-Fuhrer all posting again..... *sniff*, well its takes one back almost half a decade.....to a simpler time.... when CMBO was the coolest new game out.... when tanks 'sploded like we know they do in the movies..... when no-one 'panicked' when a car back-fired 10 miles away.... when a guy could have a half dozen PBEM games going and his 'wife at the time' could only moan and bitch a little...... ahhhhh good times, good times.......

So what are we up to now?.... Combat Mission, Beyond Death Star?

I lost count after CMBB.

I think it's Combat Mission, The Invader Within. Come to think of it, I think you still owe me a turn from CMBO.

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

I've been practicing...

[contorting hind quarters into a bunch of knotted muscles]

... a partial inward rush might just suck up enough Boo to provide a little context to the chatter.

See? I don't even know what that means. It would be like me saying,

"I rolled the Yeknod into a torus in the hopes of finding the lost chord."

It don't bloody work!

You need to either cut the meds in half... or double up on them, I don't know which.

Oh I'm sure I whupped you good and proper there the first time Sparky..... BTW you got a copy of CMBB?

I could do with a PBEM.... my first in like three years.... can't guarantee reasonable return times but shucks... you need to be patient with quality military genius like mine..... now SIT DOWN!!

hehe...phew....that brings back memories... or was that 'mammories"?.... no matter...

Originally posted by Stuka:

Oh I'm sure I whupped you good and proper there the first time Sparky..... BTW you got a copy of CMBB?

I could do with a PBEM.... my first in like three years.... can't guarantee reasonable return times but shucks... you need to be patient with quality military genius like mine..... now SIT DOWN!!

hehe...phew....that brings back memories... or was that 'mammories"?.... no matter...

yep, I have cmbb. Send me a set up if you like. I'm about the same on turn around time. But we've waited this long. I think I defeated you every time we played anyway, what's one more time.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

BTW you got a copy of CMBB?

I could do with a PBEM....

Call that a challenge?

A waffler would be ashamed of that... soddin' old timers </font>

A waffler would be ashamed of that

GARARARARHRHRHRAHRHRHGGGG!! We Waffler(s) are ashamed to be in the same damned forum as you pant-piddling, gnome-diddling mutants!!! Every last one of you could do with a swift kick in the fork and some molten energy01f.gif up the arse!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by bauhaus:

I think we are both so overcome with emotions at this little reunion that a good taunt was too much too handle *sniff*. Now go back to polishing your gun and leave us the feck alone.

If you want to hug each other REAL tight then there's MSN or the General forum… here in the One Thread we rip each other a new hole.

Though, in the case of you two, who knows what you'd both do with a new hole

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

GARARARARHRHRHRAHRHRHGGGG!!

Whatsamatter, Susie? Just realize that your underpants fit better when you have them on backwards? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bauhaus:

I think we are both so overcome with emotions at this little reunion that a good taunt was too much too handle *sniff*. Now go back to polishing your gun and leave us the feck alone.

If you want to hug each other REAL tight then there's MSN or the General forum… here in the One Thread we rip each other a new hole.

</font>

HEY, BERLI!

There's a new translation of Dumas' "Three Musketeers" due out in a few days. As one reviewer says of it:

The new translation is very readable (as are its predecessors), though there are quite a few lapses into pure translationese, that language that no one ever speaks: "what horror," "he is relegating me to the infamous," and so on. But Pevear has got rid of all the coyness about sex that marks most of the earlier versions, and above all he preserves the swift movement and casual complexity that Dumas' breezy method creates.

I figure it's worth a look. The translator's name is Richard Pevear. He and his wife have previously translated a slew of Russian classics before his latest effort.

Originally posted by Lorak:

Wow... Just wow...

I guess it is true that the Peng thread will never die!

LOL

Lorak

What? Did you think we'd simply get tired? Hell, some of this lot haven't been sober enough since you buggered off to tell that you've been gone.

Welcome back, Herald.

As OGSF said (but in much better English), how's the bloody knee, then, eh?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Boo, don't tease the sewer workers. Toss the poor halfwit a donut and let him go about his duty of mucking out.

It's not such a bad job. You get so used to the smell that after a while you don't even notice it anymore. No doubt this phenomenon also explains how you lot of dung-chuckers are able to survive in here. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Boo, don't tease the sewer workers. Toss the poor halfwit a donut and let him go about his duty of mucking out.

It's not such a bad job. You get so used to the smell that after a while you don't even notice it anymore. No doubt this phenomenon also explains how you lot of dung-chuckers are able to survive in here. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Though, in the case of you two, who knows what you'd both do with a new hole

Hey! Sparky! Shut your pie hole. They may be just about the most worthless bastards on the planet, but they're still your betters