V1,02 Patch and Ongoing PBEM ?

Asked and answered sir ... I know you're hoping beyond hope that somehow this patch is going to magically make up for your obvious tactical ineptitude in our PBEM game.

Steve has said that as far as he knows there will be no effect on ongoing PBEM games.

I presume that both players will need to be using the same version which, I presume, you've managed to accomplish by the clever expedient of pulling one or more fingers from your nose and applying them to the keyboard and/or mouse!

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Joe

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

Hi Becket: Just tried one of Joe's early V1.01 turns. I was able to get it loaded, accept password, and deploy units. It saved without a hitch. Looks OK so far. I'll know more when Joe FINALLY gets out of the Peng Cesspool and send a turn.... ;)

Sweet! must be someonthing on my end.

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MarkEzra:

Hi Becket: Just tried one of Joe's early V1.01 turns. I was able to get it loaded, accept password, and deploy units. It saved without a hitch. Looks OK so far. I'll know more when Joe FINALLY gets out of the Peng Cesspool and send a turn.... ;)

Sweet! must be someonthing on my end. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Sweet! must be someonthing on my end. </font>

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

Chill out ... don't be so anxious ... the sooner you get a turn from me the sooner your lads will be destroyed and tears will be rolling down your face. I don't know, maybe you like that ... it's not for me to say.

UNFORTUNATELY ... I can't load your turn. It gets stuck at 55% and won't advance beyond that. Please either admit your defeat or replay the turn in 1.02 and send that.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Chill out ... don't be so anxious ... the sooner you get a turn from me the sooner your lads will be destroyed and tears will be rolling down your face. I don't know, maybe you like that ... it's not for me to say.

UNFORTUNATELY ... I can't load your turn. It gets stuck at 55% and won't advance beyond that. Please either admit your defeat or replay the turn in 1.02 and send that.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe </font>

Guys the 55% hang issue has nothing to do with v1.02. You probably sent the file as-is to the other side. Somehow it often gets corrupted that way and indeed hangs at 55%, I had this issue with Sivodsi's turns as well.

Be sure to zip or rar the turn before sending. It will stay intact then.

Good luck! smile.gif

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

Guys the 55% hang issue has nothing to do with v1.02. You probably sent the file as-is to the other side. Somehow it often gets corrupted that way and indeed hangs at 55%, I had this issue with Sivodsi's turns as well.

Be sure to zip or rar the turn before sending. It will stay intact then.

Good luck! smile.gif

It's not a file corruption issue for me. It's v1.02 trying to open v1.01 PBEM files.

It would appear this is typical.

Ordinary save game files do seem to be compatible (for me at least *knock on wood*) so it might be worth exploring if you can load a recent PBEM file in an 1.01 version, save the game, copy+paste the savegame to a 1.02 installation and load it. Then proceed with PBEM as normal. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it might just work.