The Peng Challenge Thread(s) Of Past And Present, Where Are YOU all Now?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

PShaw!

Need a ruling on the old Blood Hamster thingy. Should the opponents fight to a draw, but one of them has, let's say a 51 to 49 point advantage, just to pull a couple of numbers out of my arse, Does the side with the more points "win" the Blood Hamster, and therefore get to dictate the "loser's" sig for 30 days, or do the opponents have to play again to a clear victory?

Just askin.

The Code Duello, which is the governing set of rules for Blood Hamster matches ... or at least it is NOW, states the following:

XXIII.

In slight cases the second hands his principal but one pistol, but in gross cases two, holding another case ready charged in reserve.

Now this would certainly lead one to believe that there can be NO draw, but that in "gross cases" and who can deny that this is one, multiple shots must be exchanged. Therefore, a draw will not be accepted and another battle sheduled and fought.

HOWEVER, I am concerned that due process was not followed in this Blood Hamster, to wit:

XIII.

Seconds to be of equal rank in society with the principals they attend, inasmuch as a second may either choose or chance to become a principal and equality is indispensable.

And yet NO seconds were appointed to oversee this match. But wait, that's not all ...

XIV.

Challenges are never to be delivered at night, unless the party to be challenged intends leaving the place of offence before morning; for it is desirable to avoid all hot-headed proceedings.

WAS the challenge delivered at night?

{sigh} ... Gentlemen, without order we are lost, without rules we are ... uh ... still lost.

The Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread, notwithstanding the fact that one of the parties to this Blood Hamster is the aforementioned Peng AND the other party is the Acting Auxillary Backup Deputy Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread hereby rules that ANOTHER Blood Hamster be initiated if and when the current match results in a draw regardless of the score.

Said Blood Hamster match will be initiated using PROPER Code Duello procedures. In other words, mine to be specific:

& Seconds shall be appointed by each party.

% The CHALLENGER's second shall post here the challenge and the cause for it.

@ The CHALLENGED's second shall answer for his principal.

^ The seconds shall, upon consultation with their principals, determine a mutually acceptable scenario OR the parameters for a QB.

$ ALL PARTIES WILL BE SOBER FOR THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE ... this is serious business lads, and shall be conducted with decorum.

So let it be written, so let it be done unless, of course, an unmarked envelope containing no less than 10 $10 bills (USC) should be received in the office of the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread with a suggestion as to an alternative ruling. In the event of TWO envelopes being received, the one with the greater number of bills as explained above will receive preferential treatment.

Joe

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, PShaw!, but I think I'll just declare myself the winner and make Boo! use a sig which I dream up in an opium fog.

Too many rules. Too many rules.

Nonsense Peng (not to be confused with Peng Nonsense which we see on a regular basis), you can never have enough rules. Rules are the basis of our lives and should be cherished.

But, if you didn't want to know ... WHY'D YOU ASK?

Need a ruling on the old Blood Hamster thingy.
It's a simple thing, find a couple of neer-do-wells (shouldn't be a problem HERE), call them seconds and have at it. Unless, of course, you simply wanted me to validate your ill gotten win for you?

Joe

Thanks, PShaw!, but I think I'll just declare myself the winner and make Boo! use a sig which I dream up in an opium fog.

(Peng at the Canadian border)

Customs Official: "Do you have anything to declare, Sir?"

Peng: "Yes! I'm a WINNER!!!111!!1"

Customs Official: "... Riiiiight... That will be the full cavity search performed by 'Ice Hands' McTaggarty, if you'd care to step over here, Sir."

Declare all you want, Peng! I do declare you are a girlish maiden who titters like a titmouse all a-twitter!

I hereby challenge YOU to a 2nd Blood Hamster match and I name as my second, my former Squire Sir Sir 37mm who is of our noble House of JDMorse and who I know annoys you mightily!

Be you man enough?

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

You could always try meeting on the field of honor, at dawn. </font>

Well well, some things never do change. I guess they forgot the meds and to lock my door so I'd thought to take a stroll. and like the constant growth of mold and fungus, I find myself passing through.

Salutations and all, esp to young Hiram all grown up like... and Joe and Lady Yk2 and well all of you.... you still haunt my dreams you know, like River in Firefly/Serenity, two by two, hands of blue....

Originally posted by jdmorse:

Well well, some things never do change. I guess they forgot the meds and to lock my door so I'd thought to take a stroll. and like the constant growth of mold and fungus, I find myself passing through.

Salutations and all, esp to young Hiram all grown up like... and Joe and Lady Yk2 and well all of you.... you still haunt my dreams you know, like River in Firefly/Serenity, two by two, hands of blue....

I recorded all of Firefly on my DVR this week ... I'm about halfway through and it's wonderful ... wish I could say the same of you.

Regardless, it's really average to hear from you again jdmorse ... mostly.

Joe

Underwhlemed, I am sure and I blow my nose in your general direction Joe

I picked up the Firefly DVD collection, even better as it has both un aired (in original season) shows and some good commentary tracks.

'course knowing you, it was Buffy you lusted after and are still digitally trying to peek under her skirt.

Originally posted by jdmorse:

JD!!! *hugs*

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

In the event of TWO envelopes being received, the one with the greater number of bills as explained above will receive preferential treatment.

What happens if both envelopes have the same number of bills?

Another draw, if you will.

I say we need another rule to cover such a gaping hole in the Cesspool bureaucratic defenses.