Is CM:SF's emphasis on multi-player team play at the expense of wargaming?

I was wondering if CM:SF's main focus will be more oriented towards facilitating multi-player team play as aposed to allowing more solo and Head to Head wargaming along the lines of CMx1?

I gather from what BFI has been bonily posting that there will be at least solo playing options, at least I think so. However, the inability to go the Syrians in a Campaige mode is making me wonder to what extent the CMx2 engine will be carrying over the capacity for such solo and H-H wargaming that could be similar to how CMx1 was!

CM:SF will be head to head only. The CMx2 engine, however, is coded and designed to accept CoPlay (what we call multi-multi-player). Solo and H-H will always be in the CMx2 future since the code is already there. No reason to yank out something that works. Having said that, some future games might be more enjoyable played one way than another, but we'll leave that up to individuals to decide for themselves.

Steve

Yeah, sorry MD I'm tired and I got a bit reductive to ensure that I made my point clearly enough, I hope! BTW I didn't study 'English' History as part of my BA, 'English' Literature OTOH...

You'll really have to excuse my French Steve, but WTF no solo play in CM:SF, I'm out for the count. I've never played anything Multi-CoPlay whatever ya call it, I can't even manage to play CMx1 via PBEM! How is someone like me expected to cope without solo play and I'm only 31, I don't know?

Zalgiris, I think that if you reread Steve's post you will find that he is saying solo play is in...when he said head to head only he meant no multi-multi player in the first version smile.gif

Dan

PS And by Multi-Multiplayer I mean several players playing on each side of the battle. For instance on one side one player could be in charge of Company A, another player Company B and another in change of Tank Force A, etc.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

CM:SF will be head to head only.

The CMx2 engine, however, is coded and designed to accept CoPlay (what we call multi-multi-player).

Solo and H-H will always be in the CMx2 future since the code is already there.

No reason to yank out something that works.

OK I think that I got confused by Steve's first statement that it will be H-H only and I took that as exclusionary of the third sentence reference to there being Solo play. Sorry but I remember the BFC asking or polling in the forum a little while back about how many CMers played solo and would we would mind if there isn't the capacity for hosting it in CMx2 or somefink!

I'm still a little jumpy purhaps about what's being changed for CMx2, can you blame me?

Haha Sergei, purhaps I need to take a long walk along a very high bridge! tongue.gif

Anyway, continuing with the subject of this thread, I am still wondering to what extent this Multi-multi-CoPlay technical facility in CMx2 is being devoted to programming wise at the expense of solo and head to head play.

AIUI there is no campaigne / operational mode for the Syrian side in CM:SF. So may be there are other features or functionalities that are, if not excluded by the intoduction of CoPlay, then purhaps less well improved or availiable because of it.

BTW I'm not interested in partaking in playing multi-CoPlay, on the one hand I am hopeless with computers and I still have a phobia to phones and other communication based tasks etc, OTOH as a matter of personal preferance I prefer the third person overview wargaming style of CM alone, always alone. (I can't leave it alone!) redface.gif

I'm not derriding this CoPlay thingy but I assume that I'm not totally all alone amoung current CM players in this. If the BFI want to try and break into the team playing wargaming simulation market then that's their business strategy perogative. I'm just saying that it is personally for me.

[ October 11, 2005, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]