Cheery Waffles thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for a CMX2 Forum

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Fer the love of fruit, we are in danger of slipping off the front page. Get yer beers, send yer turns and post sumfink. :mad:

It's hard to keep it on the first page when every freak comes crawling out of the woodwork to announce their grand idea for CMx2.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the need for a greater variety of bird sounds.

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Fer the love of fruit, we are in danger of slipping off the front page. Get yer beers, send yer turns and post sumfink. :mad:

It's hard to keep it on the first page when every freak comes crawling out of the woodwork to announce their grand idea for CMx2.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the need for a greater variety of bird sounds. </font>

<font size=5 font color=orange>Good Monday Afternoon, maggots!!</font>

Okay, we've got Axe suffering from food poisoning, Soddball fascinated with acting like a zombie - there's a real stretch, YK2 so infatuated she wanders in here, Pseudo playing like he's Soddball, Wallybob ducking a hurricane, gas prices headed for a dollar a quart, and me with a bit of time on my hands. So let's talk about Australians and suicide (two subjects that seem very right together).

I just saw a statistic that every year 1% of Australians attempt suicide, with a 1 to 5 percent success rate. Why are Australians so keen on killing themselves, and why are they so incredibly inept at it?

Does the whole suicide thing have something to do with having New Zealanders and the penguins in Antarctica for neighbors? Look at us, we have to put up with Mexicans and Canadians for neighbors and we tolerate them much better.

Only about .01% of Americans attempt suicide each year. When Americans try it, though, they tend to be much better at it than the Aussies. About 11 percent are successful each year. Just some food for thought. I'll be curious to see if Mace has any input on this cultural phenomenon. :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Dave H:

I'll be curious to see if Mace has any input on this cultural phenomenon.

*shuffles analysis papers, then studies them*

Yes DaveH, that problem does seem to be quite prevalent. In particular, for some unknown reason the suicide rate amongst my neighbours is far far higher than the national rate.

I did suggest a series of exit surveys, but we never seem to get any returns.

but the real reason?

from some Commonwealth Government website:

Rates of self-harm and attempted suicide are difficult to compare internationally because of the definitional and reporting problems outlined in the earlier section on this topic

Originally posted by Mace:

(snip)

but the real reason?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />from some Commonwealth Government website:

Rates of self-harm and attempted suicide are difficult to compare internationally because of the definitional and reporting problems outlined in the earlier section on this topic

</font>