Deplorable DEPLOY!!!

c3k

Gents,

Is there ANY friggin' way to get the DEPLOY option to be a toggle? You know, so I can actually tell if my guys are deploying something? Shadow box the button, or better yet, make that green status message on the lower left of the screen say "deploying M240" or "dismantling M240" instead of spotting.

Thanks,

Ken

Easiest way i find is to look at the item on screen im deploying : ie you can see an mg setup on the tripod instead of bipod and you also see another man in same unit (if there is one) move next to mg as a loader. Does'nt the deploy button also stay lit though when a unit is deploying\deployed something. Also the little Shortcut key display "/" in corner of Deploy button goes dim instead of being bright green when something is deployed. Also the Deploy button graphic as do the others look slightly different as MikeyD says if you look close enough when pressed (not very obvious this one though).

[ December 16, 2007, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

Anyone that has problems with this: You might consider re-adjusting your monitor/videocard. This option was perfectly visible to me from the first time i needed to deploy/button up in CM:SF (6 months ago?)...

Apart from that, units deploying do have status 'deploying' (& aiming, firing, spotting, hiding, etc :D ) in lower left corner text.

Happy to be of service ;)

Thank you for the responses to the "deploying" status messages. I will look for them.

How about adding DEPLOYED or DISMANTLED (MOBILE?) as a PERMANENT message? That way I don't have to watch for a fleeting comment in an out of the way location?

Or, change the DEPLOY command to its opposite if the unit has or is DEPLOYING? That way I know the status?

Thanks,

Ken

Actually, the 'deploy' command also is shown 'pressed' and 'not-pressed' like a simpel traditional button, a checkbox. If it's pressed, the squad is deployed. If not pressed, it's not deployed. Offcourse, you need to have the squad and the proper command panel selected to see it, apart from the tripod/* mounting :D