Is CM:SF fundamentally flawed ??

Manx

I really enjoyed the CMx1 series but I don't miss We-go at all. I tried it once in CMSF and went straight back to real time. I really think it's advantages outweigh any disadvantages. Also iv'e seen a lot worse team AI in Armed Assult than CMSF, but thats another story.. I think Battlefront are on the right path here and I think time will show that.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Charlie901:

Man,

With all the time Steve has to spend in here Defending the game, where's he gonna get the time to fix it?

It was that kind of weekend...

I'm guessing that was time off, they wrapped up the v1.04 patch last week, and sometime this week, (maybe today) I would guess they will start on the road to beta testing the coming v1.05 patch, at which time Steve might go back to lurker mode and work on the patch.

I might suggest Steve's recent posts in this forum are ONLY the tip of the iceberg. Like the Duck paddling swimming up stream you don't see much above the water but the feet are paddling like mad where you can't see them.

V1.04 should be considered a susbstantial patch, I'm sure they hope it will please the majority of the dissenters.

smile.gif FWIW

[ October 01, 2007, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by TheNathan:

So, if the refinement in LOS/LOF is much more taxing on hardware, shouldn't the game be true we-go so the machine can effectively process what is going on in 60 second intervals like in CMx1? From what I read back in the day, the reason why CMx1 was we-go was that it would be impossible to run the game on computers of the time if the game was real-time. So, given advances in computer technology, shouldn't we go for as much of a refined and realistic system as current systems allow by utilizing we-go?

I couldn't agree with you more Nathan but as Eric Young said a few years ago "If it's not Real-time nobody (Paradox?) would even talk to you about it". BFC had to make a choice like everyone else, sell games or else. Can't fault them for that. Hopefully some of us "will get it" a bit farther down the road. Steve is listening and Charles has even posted, hell we even pissed Rune off a bit and thats not that easy to do.

Steve most likely reads most of the posts here. I think in his neck of the woods they give you a few extra hours a day. I think it comes with buying a Weasel. Just think if he got a PzIII, he would get two days for the price of one. smile.gif

Originally posted by Charlie901:

Man,

With all the time Steve has to spend in here Defending the game, where's he gonna get the time to fix it?

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TheNathan:

So, if the refinement in LOS/LOF is much more taxing on hardware, shouldn't the game be true we-go so the machine can effectively process what is going on in 60 second intervals like in CMx1? From what I read back in the day, the reason why CMx1 was we-go was that it would be impossible to run the game on computers of the time if the game was real-time. So, given advances in computer technology, shouldn't we go for as much of a refined and realistic system as current systems allow by utilizing we-go?

I couldn't agree with you more Nathan but as Eric Young said a few years ago "If it's not Real-time nobody (Paradox?) would even talk to you about it". BFC had to make a choice like everyone else, sell games or else. Can't fault them for that. Hopefully some of us "will get it" a bit farther down the road. Steve is listening and Charles has even posted, hell we even pissed Rune off a bit and thats not that easy to do. </font>

Paradox isnt the only issue. The bugs would still be there and being fixed. Just you guys wouldnt have seen most of them as BFC may not have released it yet. Then you would just be pissed the game wasnt out yet instead of feeling like you were beta testers...... So in short, some of you guys would be pissed no matter what, Paradox release schedule or not. 1.04 might make some of your gripes dissipate a bit though.