Water in CMSF

as far as i got up to now water will be added in the first release of the WW2 game.

but my question now is if it will be possible to retrofit water also to CMSF(generaly the modern setting) maps.

also will that make it possible to cross rivers with amphibious vehicles while we are now blocked by "marsh" river!? and possibly swim through it with infantry!?

thanks

Originally posted by Pandur:

as far as i got up to now water will be added in the first release of the WW2 game.

but my question now is if it will be possible to retrofit water also to CMSF(generaly the modern setting) maps.

also will that make it possible to cross rivers with amphibious vehicles while we are now blocked by "marsh" river!? and possibly swim through it with infantry!?

thanks

No one else answered so I'll give my guesses.

I've also wondered if they'll retrofit water. I suppose it'll be possible but they'll only do it if it doesn't take a lot of time. It would be a nice addition to, say, the British module.

I don't think we'll see amphibious vehicles for a very long time. Probably not until we have a game where they would be important such as the Pacific. I do see rafts and boats again however.

Swimming? No, I doubt we'll ever have swimming infantry. I suppose it could be done with rifles but it's so rare it would make the game less realistic rather than more IMHO.

I believe the answer to your question based on what I have read is that at some time in the future there is a reasonable likelihood that BFC will take the temperate european terrain from the WW2 game and wedge all the modern stuff from CMSF into it (including water). However, this would be a Game title not a module.

So I'd say no, water is unlikely to be patched back into CMSF or included as part of a module.