I have found a BUG

Wiggum

Uhm, I'm not sure I'm following you. Who did what? For as far as I can see the US still has both AT4s and no CLU for a Javelin so couldn't possibly have hit itself with a rocket. Did you mean the M203 40mm grenade launcher? Smoke/dust seems to be a bit much for that, to be honest.

And M1a1, if you had been more observant you would have noted that Wiggum is playing the German language version of CMSF. So give him a break on his English, why don't you?! How is your German?

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Uhm, I'm not sure I'm following you. Who did what? For as far as I can see the US still has both AT4s and no CLU for a Javelin so couldn't possibly have hit itself with a rocket. Did you mean the M203 40mm grenade launcher? Smoke/dust seems to be a bit much for that, to be honest.

And M1a1, if you had been more observant you would have noted that Wiggum is playing the German language version of CMSF. So give him a break on his English, why don't you?! How is your German?

Im sure this was a AT4. I saw the shot animation and then...you know...

Im 100% sure that it was no enemy firing at me at this moment.

Originally posted by Phillip Culliton:

Were you using an Assault order? What firing orders was the unit under? How did you order the movement / attack? Was it a split unit?

Thanks.

Iam using the normal fireing command, no assault command. I make a red line to the middle of the building. The unit was not split.

Greetings

I dont think the game simulates throwing grenades through the windows [/QB]

I do this every time !

A Squad at the outside of a building throws grenades into the building, this normaly works...

At the picture you see the target mark 9m away from the sqaud...at this range they should not use Rocket-Lunchers...

That screen shot shows that there is no breach in the wall, and the window is made from glass blocks. Seems to me that AT soldier just followed your orders: fire at the building to make a hole. You just had the soldiers way to close to the building, so they were killed by the back-blast. It's not a bug, but bad tactics

BTW, you should try my 3rd ID infantry mod.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

That screen shot shows that there is no breach in the wall, and the window is made from glass blocks. Seems to me that AT soldier just followed your orders: fire at the building to make a hole. You just had the soldiers way to close to the building, so they were killed by the back-blast. It's not a bug, but bad tactics

...you need no breach in the wall !

Normaly the soldiers through there granades inside the haus in this situations, try it out yourself.

An fireing a rocket-luncher at a target 9m away from you is very stupid.

[ December 25, 2007, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Wiggum ]

Originally posted by Wiggum:

This picture should prove everything.

The dead Soldiers let always the Weapon fall what they used last i think !

The weapon they had equipped last, to be exact. Usually. Though in this case I do not doubt it.

You wouldn't happen to have the savegame of this incident, would you? If you could, please email it to the addy in my profile and I'll look in to what's going on. Something odd, that much is for sure.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wiggum:

This picture should prove everything.

The dead Soldiers let always the Weapon fall what they used last i think !

The weapon they had equipped last, to be exact. Usually. Though in this case I do not doubt it.

You wouldn't happen to have the savegame of this incident, would you? If you could, please email it to the addy in my profile and I'll look in to what's going on. Something odd, that much is for sure. </font>

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Well, I am Russian, so whats wrong with that? And I took a year of German, so I am ok with it.

I also know some Latvian, Korean, Japanese, Polish

Hey M1, I understand you were just pointing out the irony of someone criticizing something with a post full of errors. It made me smile when I read your first post.

Still I must agree with Elmar that there is no need for ridiculing the guy since he is new here and English is not his native language.

I think it's great that you can communicate in English so well and also know a bit of those very difficult languages you mentioned.

IMO people with broken English should also be welcomed here as long as they are trying to contribute with something.

Funny you mentioned you are Russian.

In the TOW forum several developers of the game post constantly. Russians all of them. They are extremely helpful, polite and answer all the questions the players throw at them. It is indeed a privilege to have them in the forum. Still, their English is not very good. Sometimes it is hard to understand what they are trying to say. But some people have more talent for languages than others. They are not in the forum because of their English skills but because of what they can do to help players. And they are doing an excellent job. Not to mention the great game they have produced.

What matters in my opinion is the willingness to contribute with something positive.

I'm not sure Wiggum will contribute with something other than finding questionable bugs but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. smile.gif

-

i also think thats kinda stupid.

i guess there arent that many soldiers who would fire an AT4 from 1 meter into the wall of a house, even when ordered. they should halfter the AT4 in the first place and take the M4 here, and use the handgranades for example.

as far as i undertstand thats what they do normaly in the game and this is indeed a bug, so hopefully it wont happen too often.

I set up a quick battle in a city and got a U.S. engineer platoon with Bradleys.

I set up each of the three squads next to buildings and had each one "area fire" into the buildings, at an average range of 5 meters.

Each squad was fully loaded with 2 Javelins and three AT-4s.

All three squads fired their AT-4s, and two squads managed to frag their own men, losing two men from each six-man squad.

The third squad had one wounded (yellow) soldier, and was pinned for several minutes.

There were no enemy forces within 300 meters, and they were all out of LOS anyway due to the buildings.

The troops were seen throwing grenades into the buildings (not necessarily through the windows.)

I guess the bug here is the AI having the pixeltruppen fire their AT-4s at such close range, regardless of the blast effects - not bad tactics, but poor AI weapon selection at bad-breath distance.

Before i go into a house where are possible full with enemys i always set a area target to bring my troops to through granades into !

I think this should be simulatet correctly to simulate Urban Warfare at all.

My english is bad, i know but i dont want to select each word correctly from a english-book...thats coast to much time.

Gruß !