*MOD* Armored Vehicle Crewmember

After a lot of hard work it's almost finished smile.gif

What is changed:

New CVC helmet texture

Olive Drab Nomex (old school smile.gif )

Shoulder harness with M9 Beretta

Some models have a map stuffed in their body armor

new faces

Some models have a dust scarf around the neck

Blue marker stuck in the body armor to make overlays smile.gif

Here is a preview

comparison2.jpg

comparison.jpg

CVCmod5.jpg

This mod is based on what I wore when I was deployed. Not everyone has ACU camo TA-50. It doesnt really matter as you are inside a vehicle anyway

Ive never even seen ACU nomex in real life. And my unit just got issued ACU body armor and pads about a month ago

CVCmod10.jpg

CVCmod11.jpg

CVCmod12.jpg

[ May 20, 2008, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: M1A1TC ]

Nox: it helps against internal fragments from hits on the vehicle.

I was learned to have my ass flap folded out when sitting as gunner on the PBV302 to help protect from fragments from mine detonations.

I quickly abonded that idea when i noticed that ass flap catch the radio antenna and sending it right between my leg when the officers in the back was transmitting :I

Same with our Leopard guys, exept a few crews who was to lazy and just sat in shirt and kevlar on the CVC off.

but thats peacetime, have the feeling they would bother to wear the cevlar and body armour if we ever would go into war tongue.gif

/Chain

Where is Scania?

*edit*

I hate wearing body armor, and anyone who wears it while being cooped up in armor and having all of their movement restricted by plates and kevlar deserve frickin medals in my opinion. There should be a special one, the "I sit in hot tanks in full battle rattle" ribbon. I'm serious too.

[ May 20, 2008, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Clavicula_Nox ]

I dont mind body armor, but I live in Scania ;) wich means maybe 3 months of "good" weather with 20+ celsius and rest is around 10-15C and rain rain rain and wiiind... so the body armour gives extra warm and wind protection :D

but many hate it ofcourse, guess its a question of personal preference and liking.

Scania is a part of Denmark that has been given away to Sweden during a peace talk 300 years ago or so, because sweden had concered the country before the peace talk. so Scania is danish territory occupied by Swedish goverment for 300 years tongue.gif . and there is always nagging between "bloody swedes" and "bloody danes" (scanians that is) so I always likes to point out im scanian and not swedish ;)

for more info about us: http://www.scania.org/

(and yes, the truck company Scania has its name after our region )

/Chain

• 2 months later...

M1A1TC,

I like the realistic CVC and IBA vest with all the little attachments and I love the shoulder holster.

But, the Nomex can probably be impoved. Do you need better reference photos?

I have a set of old Nomex handy, if you want I can snap a bunch of photos of the arm/leg zippers and pockets for you.