My anger is clouding my judgment

Accusing of us of lying is pretty severe there sir. When did we ever say that WEGO was going into PBEM? As I recall Steve told everyone that it WASN'T going in for some time now!

You are of course free to express your opinion of the game and if you feel cheated then you feel cheated and little I say or do will change that, but lets be clear on the fact that it was never promised and we never lied and said it would be. In fact, in light of the large file sizes we weren't even sure that we could include PBEM at all, but when we said that there was a huge public outcry to include PBEM 'whatever the costs" and then we were able to do so, but at the costs of loosing support for TCP-IP based WEGO.

I am sorry if you missed that entire discussion (I am sure Steve remembers it well) but it doesn't give you any right to say we lied so I would ask that you choose your words a little more carefully next time.

Madmatt

The thing with the trenches is done in countless games. Are you aware of the power you would need to render such sceneries if it wasnt abstracted like that in the distance?

Im sorry, but its simply not possible with the level of detail in the game.

Don't get me started writing about the anger that I feel sitting at home with jet lag unable to download the game over my stupid cable modem!

Without the "Darling, I have to go to the university! Yes, it is really important!"-approach, it will be no CM:SF for me until Monday!

That is what makes me angry!

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Lio:

The thing with the trenches is done in countless games. Are you aware of the power you would need to render such sceneries if it wasnt abstracted like that in the distance?

Im sorry, but its simply not possible with the level of detail in the game.

Oh, I'm not so sure about that. The game certainly pushes a lot of high detail objects around, but there's plenty of other games out there that push a hell of a lot more. Maybe it couldn't keep the ultra-fine closeup object detail at a distance, but I'm sure quite a few machines out there could handle a little more than the considerable loss of detail it reverts to now.

Oh, and I'm angry at all, as it happens. It's not like the game isn't going to get better, and as good starts go, it's pretty solid smile.gif . I might gripe and moan a bit around here, but I'm just trying to help out.

Griping and moaning is okay. In fact, on these forum it may very well be mandatory. It's just the foaming at the mouth that doesn't go down so well.

I agree though that it might be worthwhile to put some low LOD thingie in place of trenches that are some way from the camera. But, and I do not know if this was intentional, it's kinda fun and not completely unrealistic to stumble into a trench you hadn't spotted.

Rollstoy: Don't get me started writing about the anger that I feel sitting at home with jet lag unable to download the game over my stupid cable modem!

Yea...me too... I've got Satellite connection out here in the High Desert...Limited download capacity and can't use it all on the dl...Just waiting for the mail man like the old days. But Geez...have you ever seen such a fuss about a game!!!