Just got the full version

Mord

thanks to a very gracious forum member, and I have to say....HOLY CRAP! It kicks ass! SOOOO MUCH ASS! I've read all the complaints, seen all the threads, played the demo and I LOVE THIS GAME regardless...

I've started one battle (Al Amarah) and am having one helluva a time just fighting Uncons...tricky little punks that they are...so far I haven't encountered anything wacky or weird, and it is only gonna get better with the new patch, of that I am sure.

Steve, Charles, Matt, Moon, Dan, Rune, Fernando and whomever else...I for one gotta say I dig it! ...warts and all. Whatever the teething process is gonna take I am ready to chew...consider me a beaver ready for the wood (ahem...That could go a lot of ways...keep your sick thoughts to yourselves punks!).

Anyways good job...great job!...The potential of this engine is just mind boggling! By the time you guys hit WWII it's gonna make CMX1 look like a big pile of snot. Even with some of the things you've yet to implement, I can see me needing a hanky if I was to ever fire up Cmak again...CMX1 is dead. Long live CMX2!

Anybody getting the impression that I am happy?

Mord.

P.S. Chuck a Twinkie in Charles's juice jar...on me!

Yep The game is terrific. Lord knows it's been a rocky start but I have not been able to stop playing it. When you look at the editor your gonna have a REAL eye opener...especially the AI editor. When I started getting into that I began to understand just how Different this game is from anything I have ever played. BFC is getting closer to Wargame Nirvana.

Multiplayer right now is no big deal for me so I can wait...just like I did for CMBO. I am presuming that PBEM works though? Anyway, even then, I can wait. Everyone else is a month ahead of me so I will probably spend that much time exploring the engine itself.

Originally posted by scottie:

i love the game too but find the more you play the more you find the game is missing compared to CMAK. Im happy to keep playing, i can imagine the product will get better and better all the time with patches and new releases. Its a great platform for building on.

I've already encountered this while playing the demo and so far everything I've missed is LISTED for fixing or adding in at a later date. I can live with that.

I would like to see fire spread being modeled again though...I don't recall there being any burning buildings or the like.

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

Yep The game is terrific. Lord knows it's been a rocky start but I have not been able to stop playing it. When you look at the editor your gonna have a REAL eye opener...especially the AI editor. When I started getting into that I began to understand just how Different this game is from anything I have ever played. BFC is getting closer to Wargame Nirvana.

Ahhh, yes the editor, the second game, or game within the game. I checked more of it out last night and am blown even more away than I was dealing with the demo version...such flexibility...the maps are JUST SO much more organic compared to CMX1! I am floored by what I see and will be able to do and can only imagine what the future is gonna bring. I probably spent 60 to 70% of my CMX1 time playing in the editor, so that alone is gonna keep me busy for a long time.

Mord.