CM:SF and AMMO SUPPLY

c3k

BF.C,

I enjoyed the ammo system in all the previous games. However, with CM:SF most troops will have a high ROF weapon. Even with high ammo loadouts, ammo could run out. Will the "always able to scrounge some ammo" ability be included in CM:SF, or will forces actually drop to zero ammo? (I'd prefer the latter smile.gif )

Regards,

Ken

Ammo is simulted 1:1 for each soldier and his weapon. We also simulate different types of small arms ammo, not just generic "ball" type with the occasional abstracted AP capability, for crew served MGs. Ammo types are also simulated in terms of scrounging. A Syrian armed with an AK-47 is not going to be able to do squat with someone's load for an AK-74. The US side is pretty standarized on two types of ammo, the Syrians have a mixmosh of old and new types. I forget the count... but I think it is something like 5 different types of small arms ammo for Squads. Yikes :D

Resupply is something we're working on. The Ultimate Design is super neato cool, but Charles barffed in his jar juice and that meant I had to scale it back some. At least for the first release smile.gif I do expect that vehicles can lug along extra ammo and allow resupply from there. At least that is my plan, which would mean a lot more if it were already coded.

Steve

Oh, and I forgot to say that you will NOT be seeing the ammo loads per Soldier. I've covered that in the past, but wanted to make sure nobody took my above comments out of context. Soldiers only show Weapon, Speciality (MOS), and Condition. All other things, such as ammo, Morale, and other stuff is only shown at the unit level (Team or Rifle Squad). There is no reason why the player needs this detailed info since there is no control over individual Soldiers.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Soldiers only show Weapon, Speciality (MOS), and Condition. All other things, such as ammo, Morale, and other stuff is only shown at the unit level (Team or Rifle Squad). There is no reason why the player needs this detailed info since there is no control over individual Soldiers.

Can one squaddy 'run away'?

I think that'd be a very good indicator of that soldier's morale state. :D

Resupply is something we're working on. The Ultimate Design is super neato cool, but Charles barffed in his jar juice and that meant I had to scale it back some. At least for the first release I do expect that vehicles can lug along extra ammo and allow resupply from there. At least that is my plan, which would mean a lot more if it were already coded.

That's going to add a new dimension to play with :D

Steve, if you simulate ammo levels per man, why don't you want to show it, I would love it. It can be on some 3rd level screen/menu, no fancy graphics, but please just show it. Othewise nobody will ever believe you actually simulate it smile.gif

Oh and please don't forget to show vehicle speed in kph this time (I don't have int my car mph or m/s speedometer, you know ?)

Martin, Im sure Steve will have a better answer (other than user interace problems, which is a very real concern), but above everything else Im pretty sure that individual soldier ammo availability is not something someone at the company commander level wouldnt know or even really care about smile.gif

Dan