Will CM:SF accommodate spiral development?

A question to BFC:

Part of the US Army FCS programme is "spiral development", i.e. new technologies will be issued to the troops as they become availible.

And no, I'm not asking for an FCS module (damn thing probably won't work, the Army can't afford it anyway and even if, the USAF can't take it anywhere).

But we might see new gadgets appear from time to time, some may be unimportant gaming-wise, but some may have considerable impact.

So, what will BFC do? Patches? Ignore it? What?

Depends on when we find out about it and how relevant we feel it is. Spiral development is already causing us headaches, as things we designed/built last year are already outdated. From a game development standpoint we wish the Pentagon pencil pushers had found a way to screw up sprial development from actually working :D

Steve

Great! Just what I wanted (and expected) to hear.

...as opposed to "eh, spiral what?"... :D

I'm not asking for perfection here. Frankly, I couldn't care less if the Army invests in new, flower-motif upholstery for Stryker seating..., just the important ones (weapons, sensors and whatnot).

I assume upgrades to C4IR is a real bitch, coding-wise eh? ;)