LOS Insanity

Originally posted by GSX:

So as to Falco, be wary, when you ban all the dissenters your left with the YES men, and how many careers have gone down the pan when only the things you want to hear get said.

Cheers

G

Calling everyone who finds something positive about the game, naive fanboys isn't exactly constructive criticism.

You'll find very few people who disagree that there is still lots of room for improvements.

So as to Falco, be wary, when you ban all the dissenters your left with the YES men, and how many careers have gone down the pan when only the things you want to hear get said.

Cheers

G

To be fair, I don't think Falco was banned for what he said so much as how he said it. I've written much more detailed criticisms than he and I've not yet been banned, nor has anyone else who's made their opinions clear in a professional and polite way.

-dale

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GSX:

Cheers

G

Calling everyone who finds something positive about the game, naive fanboys isn't exactly constructive criticism.

You'll find very few people who disagree that there is still lots of room for improvements. </font>

Why doesn't Battlefront just scrap the 8m action squares as they've been nothing but trouble. Get it down to 1ft and allot of the problems will be fixed, doesn't matter how much memory it takes as we can just turn down the graphics as they aren't what we bought the game for. If that's still not enough to make it run put back pre-round calculations for WEGO as a fix.

Also allowing us to choose forces for QB would add ALOT to replay value and that trumps realism every time.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Cheers

G

You'll find very few people who disagree that there is still lots of room for improvements. </font>

Originally posted by Flanker15:

Why doesn't Battlefront just scrap the 8m action squares as they've been nothing but trouble. Get it down to 1ft and allot of the problems will be fixed, ....

Are you sure?

Seems to me just as likely, if not more so, you'd actually increase some of the problems.

The issue seems to be 1:1 representation of the members of the unit/squad except they only actually see the world if you will from one single point, one set of eyes yea? If instead of one 8m square you have the squad spread out over many single 1m squares and yet still the same single viewpoint... uggh.

[QB...Also allowing us to choose forces for QB would add ALOT to replay value and that trumps realism every time. [/QB]

True, QBs are now a weak part of the game even with the wonderful job some folks have done with new maps and so forth.

Why doesn't Battlefront just scrap the 8m action squares as they've been nothing but trouble. Get it down to 1ft and allot of the problems will be fixed, doesn't matter how much memory it takes as we can just turn down the graphics as they aren't what we bought the game for. If that's still not enough to make it run put back pre-round calculations for WEGO as a fix.

Also allowing us to choose forces for QB would add ALOT to replay value and that trumps realism every time.

You are asking them to abandon RealTime as a playable option and that is not going to happen any time soon!

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Cheers

G

I own both CMSF and TOW and I guess what I don't understand is why TOW does not have this same problem (or does it, I surely haven't noticed it).

Tow represents each soldier in a squad as a completely separate controllable entity, but you can also control the squad entity by clicking the squad commander. That kind of points toward the "centered" point of the squad being the problem with LOS and the encountered issues so far.

That doesn't, however explain LOS issues for vehicles, which ARE separate, individual entities.

I wonder what the min. grid resolution is in TOW?