Wounded Infantry

I hope this has not been asked before, I did search but found nothing so here goes:

I have a question about wounded Infantry, can you heal them? or is there destiny doomed to a slow and painful death?

I could not see anything about this in the manual, but I may have overlooked this

Jekyll smile.gif

It seems very uncommon to have critically injured soldiers healed back to fighting condition. I've never seen it (haven't paid all that much attention, either), though others have. And I think it was said that they get healed to yellow condition (lightly injured) and not green.

The usual case is that after you have healed a critically injured soldier he disappears from the battle (just as if he had died), but the chances for him becoming a KIA is decreased. As it stands, it makes no difference for the scoring. So it's more of a simulationist thing to heal them.

I have never seen a soldiers wound status improve either. However, maybe it depends on the Skill Level.

From the Manual:

The speed at which a wounded soldier is treated depends on the Skill Level chosen.

Basic (- Treating wounded soldiers “buddy aid” is

extremely fast),

Veteran (- Treating wounded soldiers is faster than in real life), or

Elite (- Treating wounded soldiers takes a realistic amount of time).

The color of the Weapon icon in the panel denotes the general health of the Soldier.

Green means the Soldier is in good shape, though perhaps a little banged up.

Yellow shows that the soldier has sustained a significant wound that is likely to impair his ability to fight in some way or ways.

Seriously wounded Soldiers are dropped from the Team Info Panel completely.

The Soldier’s bases within the Game Area show Green, Yellow, and Red (seriously wounded) to reflect the Wound status as well.

[ May 24, 2008, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Chops ]

I'm pretty sure that you can't heal from yellow to green or red to yellow. I think healing is really just evacuating the red guys to medical attention. I never leave a man behind if I don't have to, and my KIA count is much lower than my redfully injured guys.

I think yellow just means they can still fight and red means they can't.