Sky at night

Mishga

Its all real. In fact, we even display planets as well all properly positioned. It was one of the very first things that was coded actually.

According to Charles, the CMx2 engine actually renders 8012 stars in their correct locations with appropriate brightness (i.e. magnitude). It also shows the visible planets in their proper spots, as well as the moon, in its correct phase with the illuminated area correctly oriented toward the sun and of course all properly placed for the viewing positions latitude and longitude.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

... when we get back to WWII, will the planets be in their proper positions for that year and date?

Well I'm sure that, if anyone has any questions about what was where and when, they'll be able to ask you.

Originally posted by Hawkmek:

Makes one wonder if coding time could have been better spent on other more noticeable issues.

When BFC puts out Combat Mission : Portugal to the New World, then a correctly modeled starscape would be a necessity.

Ouch, I was thinking the same thing but was too nice to say it.

Originally posted by Hawkmek:

Makes one wonder if coding time could have been better spent on other more noticeable issues.

When BFC puts out Combat Mission : Portugal to the New World, then a correctly modeled starscape would be a necessity.

I think that's really not fair, because the sun the moon and the stars were part of the "foundation" of the new engine and probably didn't take that long to set up or code (just guessing).

They are delivering a new and better patch now about once every two weeks and there was a v1.01 patch available on the release date! What other game company can compare with that? :confused:

seriously?

:eek:

Actually most games now have a patch released on the date of release. Take a look at POA2. went from 2.0 on release to a just release 2.36 over three years (it was barely functional for the first three or four patches). A lot of small wargame developers deliver consistently high levels of support. BFC has traditionally been one of the best, but there are other companies that are pretty close (SSG).

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hawkmek:

I think that's really not fair, because the sun the moon and the stars were part of the "foundation" of the new engine and probably didn't take that long to set up or code (just guessing). </font>