Slow infantry

After fighting little while my squads loose the ability to move quickly. Only the 'move' and 'slow' commands are available.

The panel labels them as 'exhausted' which I guess is realistic - but although I let them rest they don't seem to regain strength.

They are not being fired upon.

They have taken casualties and have wounded men among them, but does one wounded man make it impossible for a squad to move quickly the rest of the battle?

How do I restore my units' ability to move quickly?

Some tips:

- only use fast move for very short dashes. Otherwise use quick. Likewise Slow (crawl) is very exhausting.

- MMG teams can carry the machinegun as deployed for short distances, but for longer distances remember to undeploy.

- Javelins are heavy, so if you have ordered your squad to carry them and then decide to go running around, detach the AT team.

- Remember to check the weather conditions before you start the battle. When it's very hot, take it easy. When it's cool, you can abuse your men a little bit more.

- Also, when playing as Syrians you can make them run a bit further, due to lighter equipment. Especially the unarmoured unconventional fighters.

- Coke vending machines give power ups to your men. If you find all of them in the campaign, you get to play a secret level. :cool:

It's only 115 F and they're humping 40 lbs of weapons, ammo, and protective armor across the burning sands while sudden death follows their each step, and I just gave them a 60 second rest between two 150 meter sprints; I just can't figure out why they're exhausted? Hint: Frag the officers and look for that coke machine

Yes, I knew I would get hit on the head with some patronizing idiocy for asking this - but that comes with the territory, so it's okay.

The coke power-ups were a good one, though. ;)

Thanks for the advice, Sergei. My problem, I think, was that I made my men crawl too much (not sprinting), and it took them close to 10 minutes to catch their breath afterwards, which seemed a bit long to me. But I guess it's hot and all that.

I'm impressed, though, that you take the weather into account with these things. Nice detail.

Originally posted by Moosegum:

Thanks for the advice, Sergei. My problem, I think, was that I made my men crawl too much (not sprinting), and it took them close to 10 minutes to catch their breath afterwards, which seemed a bit long to me. But I guess it's hot and all that.

FWIW according to the manual, crawling is "very tiring and should only be used for distances" (p.55 of Battlefront Version of the Manual).