WEGO i know its turn based but what does acronym mean ?

Rabbit, you win a carrot.

Yes, he is exactly right. IGO UGO was the traditional way to play wargames. A few did the WEGO route, with Battlefront being the first to do so in a 3d world.

Wego means that, we post do the moves at the same time and let the computer then caclulate the result.

Rune

Originally posted by RabidRabbit:

I think it means that both players put their orders in at the same time . . .as opposed to I go then you go . . . we both go on with our turn at the same time.

I hope I"m right.

ah i see, thanks for that. In my mind i have CM down as turnbased as i play AI 99.9 % of the time .. keep forgetting both players move at same time. "WeGO" makes sence now, thank you.

Scott

I might be wrong but I think that Steve coined the term when he started using it for CMBO. The concept existed before CMBO, but the terms IGOUGO and WEGO might have been born then. This probably applies to the term Clickfest, too, by the way smile.gif (but then I might be wrong)

Originally posted by Moon:

I might be wrong but I think that Steve coined the term when he started using it for CMBO. The concept existed before CMBO, but the terms IGOUGO and WEGO might have been born then. This probably applies to the term Clickfest, too, by the way smile.gif (but then I might be wrong)

Actually, I had seen it used for Tigers on the Prowl by HPS while CMBO was still indevelopment