After Action Reports

sdr633

Planes, I don't know, but for ATGs and AFVs as well as infantry you just "look at map" when the battle is over, select a unit and bring up its info, and click "info/kills". This will tell you how many casualties it caused, mortars, guns and vehicles it destroyed (vehicles by type), and men it captured.

The problem with all this is "would you really know all this",

If an air attack destroyed a panther you couldn't see, in an area that had an artillery attack how would you know. Did Coy commanders really have time to stop and do fifty page batle reports giving a shot by shot account.

People always want more information, but i'd be more interested in a format that actually tried to give the same information, or even looked like a real after action report.

Now i am sure at least some of you people will have seen, read (written) those. How like the real thing in style and detail is what we get now?

Peter.

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

The problem with all this is "would you really know all this",

If an air attack destroyed a panther you couldn't see, in an area that had an artillery attack how would you know. Did Coy commanders really have time to stop and do fifty page batle reports giving a shot by shot account.

People always want more information, but i'd be more interested in a format that actually tried to give the same information, or even looked like a real after action report.

Now i am sure at least some of you people will have seen, read (written) those. How like the real thing in style and detail is what we get now?

Peter.

I don't really care what real AARs are like. I want to know what tank killed what where. This is a game. A realistic one, but still a game. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I like this idea too. I've had a number of games where a tank has suddenly died or a squad has taken casualties that I have either not noticed at the time or not known where it has come from. It would be great if we could see a list of both forces in the game and 'drill down' into them to see when they took hits, casualties etc and from whom. Links to the movie file would be very cool (though I suppose that is asking a bit much). Being able to review the movie file with the fog of war turned off (obviously you would need both passwords) would be good too.