Drop Team Movie

Alfa-142

Bravo!

The intro text about expected vs. actual mission parameters was great. It would be fun to flesh out an even more in-depth movie along those lines. And for that matter, anything you care to record would be great fun to watch. Please post anything you can!

Watching the dropship crash in front of Alfa was a hoot in that one.

This movie didn't only demonstrate that Alfa's gunnery skills are superhuman. It also proved that the rig he is recording these on is awesome. He has HDR on, at a high resolution, and is recording a movie, all at a high frame rate. The first thing that occurred to me is that I wish Alfa had been recording like this for the first two Upstart matches! I would love to watch some replays of those first 2 days.

Alfa, would you be willing to drop in and do some "war reporting" on the Sunday matches?

The movie makes me regret (stilll) being on an outdated mac. I've got to upgrade.

Anybody clever enough to get part of that onto YouTube? A little free publicity never hurt anyone, and the game comes off looking like more fun than all those same-old-same-old shooter movies posted there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record - This movie, with the wrong music is... odd.

I use WinAmp to play movies and FooBar to play music. I clicked start on this movie right as a song finished playing, intending to stop the MP3. I didn't quite get to stoping the music before it started. The song that came on was Hayley Westerna's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zucZ5LEuTcI. As it sounded well enough with the intro text, I let it play.

Strangly enough, with the sound of the video turned down, it actually worked. Not as well as Bonnie Tyler's "I Need a Hero" Syncs up with the opening movie of Mechwarrior 4, but it was amusing.