From developers

Backguard

Hello to everyone from developers of T-72.

Nice to meet you all on the Official Forum. First of all let me assure everyone that we are going to do our best to support you, help you and make your plaing as much entertaining as possible smile.gif Just stay tuned to Battlefront smile.gif

Please, feel free to point out bugs, difficulties and ask questions.

You can find more information about CrazyHouse (the developer) and IDDK (Russian publisher) on their sites: www.crazyhouse.ru and www.games.iddk.ru Also, you may find it interesting to visit T-72 Russian official site www.t-72.iddk.ru.

[ February 22, 2005, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Backguard ]

Sergei is an oldtime CM board member and his vocabulary has evolved into arcane CM-speak. Believe me when i tell you any other CM board members would see his reference to Finland and LAAAAUGH!

Um... Take my word for it. Welcome to the CM board. Your game's got everyone excited out here!

Originally posted by Mace:

I think if you're a tank fanatic, you'll love this game because it features tanks!

I'd love it more if it had no setting at all. And more tanks. Choose terrain type. Choose opponent. Eat pizza and 'splode stuff up.

I'll check out the demo when it's available. We'll see.

(Rob K., you need any Soviet military maps, various scales, 1:25,000 and up? I got a source.)

re those Finnish references (for the uninitiated):

- One of the combatant nations in 'Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin' is Finland.

-One of the few languages CM is published in is Finnish (even though its not published in Spanish or Italian!).

- I believe one of the Battlefront staff has got a bit of Finnish blood in him.

- And an unusually LARGE percentage of CM sales is to the little country of Finland!

Battlefront.com (expectant publisher of the English T72) and its CM franchise has a Finnish connection that's pretty hard to explain, except that the Finns must know a good wargame when they see one! The discussion forums for the CM games have the 'super-warrior' Finns (fighting tanks with toothpicks) as a regular humorous topic. If Finland is being mentioned here too the guys are just treating you as one of the family. ;)

Heh, more people with finnish blood;) It's true that quite a many of us plays lots of wargames. Especially those ones where some of the missions has something to do with us. Maybe it has something to do with our army service? Everyone has to go to the army for 6-12 months.

I think I am starting to become even more enthusiastic about this game.. New features, possibility to drive the same tank with your friend and the finnish thing:)

Backguard, so did all the finnish men who were capable of doing that. I think many of our grandpas did.. =|

Yes to both (hitting individual crew members as well as getting ammo brew up are both modelled). So, no hit points and the like smile.gif This isn't just an arcade-ish RTS title (or we would not have been interested to publish it). It isn't a 100% realistic simulation, either, though - some shortcuts for playability have been made here and there, either due to lack of better data, or due to the fact that the game has originally beend developed for a mainstream market. Once we're done with it, rest assured that it will be a pretty realistic but certainly highly enjoyable tank sim smile.gif If all goes as planned, it will be a bit of what CMBO was to CMBB I guess ;)

Martin

Excellent, I still think CMBO has the best all round balance for playability and realistic game play. This should also mean that this game will sell more.

It would be interesting to know how much the later editions of CM are played compared to the original CMBO. I have all 3 but CMBO is still my favourite.

Cheers MarkL