Proposals to 1.04 WaW (Final???) patch...

1. Tactical Bombers improved cost upgrade Anti- Tank 10% to 20%. They are powerful, but power is with history consistent.

2. Rockets improved all atack parameters 0 to 1. Has not to produce their meanings of currently.

3. Tanks improved cost upgrade Motorisation 5% to 10%. Accustoming is expensive at Tanks than at Anti-Air, Anti-Tank...

But you how think you?

Though this way, they let's help by Hubert Cater.

Thanks for answers!

Pzgndr,

I know is these are editable parameters. I would like to learn opinion of other player on this theme. If it good/bad idea?

Scottsmm,

I think too , that there would be honestly, that in final WaW patch (1.04, 1.05... ?) is official Global Campaign. In PDE is OK, but in WaW too!

4 Proposal. Special Forces reduced SD/TD to 0/0.

Sombra, I think the difficulty is really in terms of having default parameters that everyone can agree upon.

So I'm guessing the point pzgndr is alluding to is that if the default is not what you like then feel free to crack open the editor and change the parameters more to your taste. Often others may agree with the proposed changes and you will find players that are more than willing to go along in online games. For example in SC1 *bidding* became a very popular method of addressing the play balance.

While this may initially sound like a cop out, and even suggesting the Editor it is often criticized, it is at least an option.

On the other hand, if Armuss' suggestions achieve critical mass whereby pretty much everyone agrees then I think our track record has shown we implement the popular suggestions into a future patch and essentially create a new default setup for the game. Even still, this is something that as a game designer I need to be very careful of post release as not everyone may necessarily agree. It is a very fine balance for sure.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

5 Proposal. Fighters improved demoralization 0% to 5%.

To Huber Cater:

AI Amphibious Transport attack in Italy is OK.

AI possible Amphibious Transport attack in Greece & Balkans too?

[ April 27, 2008, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Armuss ]

• 4 weeks later...

Franky-Boy,

PDE is the next phase of the SC2 engine and not easily backwards compatible so it is very unlikely that decision events would be added to WaW.

This was the same with all the changes implemented to WaW and not easily added to Blitzkrieg etc.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I think: SC2 is start. Expansions WaW = PDE.

"PDE is the next phase of the SC2" is no good idea. Scenarios in WaW is World War II, scenarios in PDE is later (majority). Many II world war-players is not interesed PDE & not they will buy this (fantastic - my score)game...

Armuss

Another way to look at it is that some of the new implementations that are in PDE, much like how there was new coding development for WaW, is now available in all future products as we move forward but unfortunately not necessarily backwards compatible with older products.

That being said, it is not to say that WWII is not necessarily going to be revisited especially as we add more depth the capabilities to the engine... just that at the moment it is only available with the latest product which is for now Patton Drives East.

Good news is that we have a few surprises in store and that I think most people will be happy with... stay tuned smile.gif

Hubert

That being said, it is not to say that WWII is not necessarily going to be revisited especially as we add more depth the capabilities to the engine... just that at the moment it is only available with the latest product which is for now Patton Drives East.[/QB]
What about a game like "SC2 Blitzkrieg Gold" with the latest SC engine, offering the scenarios and improvements of both add-ons in one game. That would be a fine product.