This is an obvious statement that 99% community probably agree to, but I just want to say it 'aloud'.

Game devs that are as active in the fan community as Hubert are extremely few. The only other one I know of is Johan of Paradox. I have great respect for both of them, they are new pioneers of the industry. It also goes to show that such an approach to your fans pays off - both SC and EU/HOI have grown to be excellent games that far exceed their niche. That is the result of brilliant designers listening to their brilliant fans.

So I wish to thank you for that Hubert,

Thank You.

So I wish to thank you for that Hubert,

Thank You.

Yes! Major dittos on that. And kudos to Hubert for bringing us fantastically fun games for over 4 years. Yes, it really has been four years that we've been able to play some version of Strategic Command. The SC Beta Demo was released four years ago Saturday (May 20, 2002).

- Chris

[ May 22, 2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Definitely! Game development is some grueling stuff. I've been on a couple of projects myself that lasted a year, and the company I work for had been developing their game for nearly 5 years (Titan Quest).

Fury Software, being the small dev studio that it is AND working on a niche game must involve some very long hours and stressful days for HC. Forummers often only see the end product and are so quick to be negative about things, and threads like these are really needed!

I play a lot of games, ranging from sports on the Xbox to Half-Life 2 and Rome: Total War...games with high budgets and fancy graphics. A game like SC doesn't seem to stand a chance against the 'big companies' but HC has done a terrifc job with it and has made an exciting WW2 strategy game that we'll be playing for years until SC3 comes out.

I actually loaded SC2 up yesterday at Ironlore where I work and had about five different people come up to me and ask about the game. Four of them were really interested after I explained the jist of it to them so I'm hoping they'll check out the demo and buy a copy. smile.gif Tomorrow is 'game day', so hopefully I'll catch a few more in the net and get 'em interested.

Anyway, great game HC and everyone involved with the development of SC2 and I hope you're enjoying good sales with it...we all want to see SC3, 4 and 5. ;) Or even a new grand-strategy franchise, bigger...and better??

Good...worshipping HC is better than going out and get drunk or stoned smile.gif You kids took the right path tongue.gif

SC2 is good, Hubert's done great and with all the constant support he's giving to the community and the game I think we'll enjoy a long and happy staying on these boards smile.gif

@Tim -> you'd better quit that job , dude. 5 years for a Diablo2 clone with some 3d stuff thrown in? You gotta be kidding me. At least blizzard has that nice thing called battle.net :D