How to destroy the United States

Who says Uncle Sam is relgious? Calling Uncle Sam (and his troops) a Christain is like calling all Germans, Nazis. Uncle Sam ain't no Quaker. There are plenty of stories about missionaries telling the Indians the hammer is coming from the temporal forces of this Earth, that they were doomed. Maybe it was God using the Uncle Sam to lay down the hammer to those bowing down to totem poles, just a guess.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when is saying "I am gay" imposing your view on others ?

This pretty much sums up my view :

"I fully support gayness among men ! The more gay men the better !! They should hang posters with pretty men in schools, with texts like "be gay and have regular sex". They should talk about the brotherhood of men in gay communities. they should have gay people come give lectures about the joys of being gay !

The more gay men, the better : every men that is gay, is less competition for me : yeah for gay men !

Gayness among women, on the other hand, now THAT is filthy ! Despicable !! It should be punished HARD !! It's unnatural !!! A cardinal sin, at least !

The less gay women the better : every gay women is one less chance for me : boohoo for gay women.

Unless I can watch , of course !

Originally posted by TaoJah:

Since when

Since when can a gay partnership give a government, a nation or the tax-payer the same bonus like a partnership between a woman & a man (yes, kids, the next generations tax-payers, police-officers, nurses, etc.)?

And if the one partnerships is so important for a gaovernment, why shouldn't the government protect this partnership more than a partnership where the chance for this little precious gift of nature is not to be expected?

Because they are the same?

Are they the same?

And if not, why do we need to treat them both the same?

Don't tell me the gay community is not trying to impose their views. They do. They try.

I have no problem with that.

But i have a problem with the denial.

Yes they are trying to impose their views.

But even if they do so that does not force you to behave the same as them.

there's a difference there that is reasonably important IMO.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Maybe it was God using the Uncle Sam to lay down the hammer to those bowing down to totem poles, just a guess.

Those kind of sentiments are exactly why I think that organized religion is dangerous more than anything else. You can justify anything with religion. "God Wills It!" and so forth.

If you must believe in supernatural, believe in your own beliefs, not what some other man claiming divine authority tells you to believe. Doing the latter has caused more grievances throughout history than anything else I can think of.

Btw, Blashy didn't speak about the US today but how it would look like if the Christian fundamentalists were in control like the Islamic fundamentalists are in the Middle East.

Originally posted by Exel:

If you must believe in supernatural, believe in your own beliefs, not what some other man claiming divine authority tells you to believe.

Reading this in a forum about a WW2-game is kind of funny. Reaaally funny.

There was a austrian born man with a funny moustache who did exactly what you are recommending your readers.

Originally posted by Exel:

.. has caused more grievances throughout history than anything else I can think of.

Again. Most intersting to read here, where we playing a timeline which saw Hitler, Stalin & Mao alive...

@Blashy --- If we (USA conservative types) are the worst thing on this planet, obviously you haven't gotten out lately. We treat are women with respect & our fellow man. I'm apt for friendship, come on over for dinner anytime. We can go down to the rescue mission, help serve some dinners, sing, etc. You're preception is waayyy off. Grace, dude. Tony, to keep this on subject, bring the next patch for some hotseat SC.

And Hitler was quite a nice chap in person too according to those who actually met him.

Sadly "personal niceness" is no indicator of behaviour of masses. If it was the world would be a much better place.

token SC2 content: I don't think there should be any way to destroy the US in the game - the Axis simply didn't have the ability to do so, and could never have obtained it in the time frame.

The "best" it should be able to do is isolate the 'states from Europe as it wins there.

[ February 15, 2007, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Originally posted by xwormwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Exel:

If you must believe in supernatural, believe in your own beliefs, not what some other man claiming divine authority tells you to believe.

Reading this in a forum about a WW2-game is kind of funny. Reaaally funny.

There was a austrian born man with a funny moustache who did exactly what you are recommending your readers.</font>

But what make you think that p.e. christians don't use their own brains?

As far as i know they do believe the brain was made by a creator how gave it his creature just for one reason: to use it

There is no rule such as "don't think, just obey" but p.e. 1 Thessalonians 5, 21:

"Test everything. Hold on to the good"

Originally posted by xwormwood:

But what make you think that p.e. christians don't use their own brains?

As far as i know they do believe the brain was made by a creator how gave it his creature just for one reason: to use it

There is no rule such as "don't think, just obey" but p.e. 1 Thessalonians 5, 21:

"Test everything. Hold on to the good"

Most Christians believe in what religious authorities (teachers, priests, the Pope, the Bible, etc.) tell them to believe. They are told by other men what is right by God and what they may be expected to do. They don't believe what they believe because they would have personal experience from God, but because someone else tells them "this is what you should believe".

If taken to the extremes we can come up with 'truths' like "God wants you to become a martyr and blow yourself up to kill infidels!" - sound familiar? That's why I regard blind faith and obedience to religious authorities dangerous more than anything else.

If YOU genuinely believe in something, fine, but don't take other people's word for it. That's all I'm saying.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Exel --- Ah, no it doesn't sound familiar smile.gif Once again, that's another group!

It's another group, but it's a similar organized religion all the same. I'm not saying that every believer is a potential suicide bomber or that every religion would get twisted that way, but it's a possibility as long as people blindly subdue themselves to the power of other men with the pretext of authority drawn from God.