Idea - Country Specific History Button on War Map

I think that it would be cool to add a country specific history button to the War Map, especially if modders create new campaigns where players may not be familiar with the history of each neutral nation.

Going to the war map, selecting a country and pressing the history button would bring up a paragrah about that country, giving the player background information on the political leanings of its political leadership and their allegiances, and perhaps a picture of the head of state.

DENMARK:

"Denmark is a constitutional monarchy, under the reign of King Christian X and Queen Consort Alexandrine.

christian10.jpg

After the Second War of Schleswig in 1864 Denmark was forced to cede Schleswig-Holstein to Prussia, in a defeat that left deep marks in the Danish national identity. After this point Denmark adopted a policy of neutrality, following which Denmark stayed neutral in World War I."

This is a hint that it will be very hard to sway the Danes using Diplomacy.

GREECE:

"During the 19th and early 20th centuries, in a series of wars with the Ottomans, Greece sought to enlarge its boundaries to include the ethnic Greek population of the Ottoman Empire..In World War I, Greece sided with the entente powers against Turkey and the other Central Powers. In the war's aftermath, the Great Powers awarded parts of Asia Minor to Greece, including the city of Smyrna (known as Izmir today) which had a large Greek population. At that time, however, the Turkish nationalists led by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, overthrew the Ottoman government, organised a military assault on the Greek troops, and defeated them. Immediately afterwards, over 500,000 Turks then living in mainland Greek territory left for Turkey as an exchange with over a million Greeks living in Turkey."

This paragraph suggests that diplomacy might sway Greece into joining the Allied Alliance once again.

[ May 25, 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Good idea, but instead of the history lesson, would some sort of indicator showing which way the country is leaning be more useful?

Say if you clicked on Romania, "Currently 30% Axis". Then you could gauge whether or not you need to spend a chit on it.