First multiplayer AAR Condor (axis) vs Hellraiser (allies)

Ahh thanks Blashy. Still hosting a network game I can´t use "esc" when the IP numbers are shown. "Alt Tab" resulted in game resets or that the other player could´n´t join the game anymore "connection refused" . Restarting the game without minimize the screen and he could join without problem :confused:

[ April 14, 2006, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leningrade almost falls, only 1 HP left.

I took Stambul and DOW iraq taking oil and killin dfending corps on capital.

2 armies destroyed near Leningrade. HR prepares a great offensive in the North to avoid losing leningrade, i move my troops North too.

No advances in tech.

Spain went pissed about irish invasion but didnt reach 90% only 80%

Wallies land in France - brest corps reduced to 2.

German BB hit in port down to 4 by a landing army.

german corps transport in black sea - no way russia can hold oilfield/towns near the coast - she simply has not enough troops for that.

Russia kills a corps and an army in Minsk-Leningrad area.

Axis hit like a hammer :( Soviet troops (despite some techs motor 1, IW 1, AT1) die like flies. German tank survives at 1 :(

In west, allies capture brest - axis operated the mid east troops (i think) HQ, 2 tanks, army. Allied air reduce one tank to 4. German BB sunk.

I guess I did quite a mistake during the quiet phase. Methinks Russia is better off buying a lot of troops and start investing in tech later. I did a mix which appears not to be the brightest ideea.

I decided to surrender the game - condor obliterated everything. Defending seems very difficult - corps hit for 3-4 points ??? OMG

Tanks assrape everything.

1. I did a mix of tech investment/troops buying with Russia - not very good since it is impossible to cover all areas(resources). When Axis open the Black sea, they can send amphib transports (unstoppable) so you need corps guarding everything that can be snatched from a boat.

2. I should have hit him in the beggining when he was weak - I forgot to check the reports pre-barbarossa , my bad. After that, his troops started to emerge from barracks, factories and he gained super strength.

3. Mid east seems a very good option for axis - Russia really cannot help much there. If you operate troops, you weaken yourself too much in the mainland.

The answer could be: Russia build every unit possible, investing in techs later. Russia needs quantity over quality first - it has to cover an immense area and axis can conduct operations all over the map.

HR surrenders. Summer 42. In France i was killing unsupported allied units without losses.

And in Russia i was unstoppable, HR recieved siberian transfer but i had being buying a lot troops that arrived early in 42, all of them enhanced and supported. The attacks wre devastating, russian HQ were far away and they werent entrenched, almost 2 hits to kill 1 army. Russian cant handle that in 42.

With Turquey and Iraq 5 Italians troops plus HQ plus AF were advancing to undefended Caucasus soil (and oil).

Very interesting game. After a blitz start for germany i thought HR had the iniciative late in 41 because a bad diplo investement (Spain not joining was very tough for me) i wasnt earning enoug MMPs and no tech advances. I forgot about tech and start buying armies.

Next game i dont wanna be so weak in Barbarrosa.

Having Tech early for Russia has a big plus, ALL Siberian troops have the highest tech levels for free when they appear.

But I have an idea from the AAR what HR did wrong, something that works in SC but not in SC2, in regards to the Soviets.

My counterattack near Leningrad was poorly thought out now I realise. I left heavily entrenched positions, hoping to score 3-4 kills in order to slow him down. Once you get out of entrenchments, you die. Too many attacking directions.

Anyway with the mid east in his hands it would have been the same. No way in hell I could protect caucasus and main area in the same time.

'Having Tech early for Russia has a big plus'

I guess it should be. But once you go heavy on techs your lines will be too thin and really there is a lot of territory to cover in Russia.

If axis start sending motorized corps behind the lines to snatch cities and resources you'll be spread even thinner.

Anyway we are testing the approaches now. I will try to play Axis this time, maybe I have better attacking ideeas and Condor better defending ideeas.

So game 2 me Axis vs Condor allies to start any minute now...

'And remember, if you are streched because he is coming in from the middle east, he will be streched as well'

Very true - this was my big failure this game - i was a chicken, I should have struck him hard in the beggining when he was weak smile.gif

NP, soon we'll have figured out good tactics smile.gif

i was weak early in barbarrossa cos i had very good units in Siria (2 fronts). But i advanced slow taking cities. U couldnt attack cos u were too far away.

U didnt know were my troops were so yer units were far away in the begining and after Turquey invasion u had to operate units there. Well, u didnt have enough troops early on, just like me.

Originally posted by hellraiser:

My counterattack near Leningrad was poorly thought out now I realise. I left heavily entrenched positions, hoping to score 3-4 kills in order to slow him down. Once you get out of entrenchments, you die. Too many attacking directions.

Yeah, I think that's what did it. You should have played for more time.

Couple of things to remember (in case they were not noticed in this game):

1) In the convoy screens you can adjust how much money is being sent to each major, i.e. you can increase USA convoy MPPs to the UK and the UK can also increase convoy MPPs to USSR

2) Destroyed units (this didn't make the manual but rather the errata file) can be rebuilt at 60% their original cost and half their original production time. These will appear with an '*' next to their name in the name list in the Purchase Unit dialog. This can be especially helpful in the USSR.

Buying those * units for USSR is key to them withstanding the onslaught. Those are troops that "retreated" or got away and are being replenish with fresh troops.

Also, if a troops is destroyed with a supply of 0, you will not be able to buy it back at ALL. It's gone.