Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

First multiplayer AAR Condor (axis) vs Hellraiser (allies)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add that the inconsistency in sent turn lengths also seems to indicate a network issue of some sort. I only say this as each turn file sent is approximately the same size (once you start a game) and should in theory take the same amount of time each time you end a turn.

As an aside note, our tests did show a slightly longer sent turn length for dial-up connections (as compared to SC1 since the sent turn file is about double the size now) but in this case it was still a consistently slower sent turn length (as well) and did not vary from turn to turn.

Axis maul badly the uk forces in Egypt - italian land armies, LFs hit like there's no tommorrow. The landing system makes it almost impossible to defend against amphibious invasions.

USSR gets jets 2.

India sends reinforcements to Egypt. I think the next turn I have to say bye bye Egypt and leave that god forsaken place...

Haven't seen anything out of the normal there Ike. Mostly old drivers, graphic cards etc. As for tcpip, well, that's always been anybody's guess. Too many variables with firewalls and virus blockers.

Other than that, anybody had a crash to desktop yet?

But perhaps we should take the issue to a separate thread, I want to see how this game turns out.

I see Condor assassinated that dumbass Hitler and took control of things, sending the proper troops to take Egypt.

Hellraiser, you cost him a lot of time and MPPs to take Egypt, you should see the benefits later on. :cool:

So fun to see others play the game.

Quiet period ... both sides are building up. Only some air raids performed by Bomber Command against Antwerp port.

The problems that face the russian commander - should he attempt a defence based on the first natural barrier Riga-Minsk-Dnepr? Or establish a line Leningrad-Smolensk-Kharkow and let axis get a few cities and run out of supply ? Hmmmm ...

Originally posted by hellraiser:

August 41

USSR prepares for war. USSR joins the allies.

Italian smartasses somehow detected that Cagliari port ain't their anymore tongue.gif Ships began bombarding the uk commando holding the port.

Ah, that sucks, that troop is stuck there unless it gets rescued.