Hey, I only got the game on monday and after being bored off of my tits initially because I understood so little about it, it's gradually become a really facinating game, one which is infinitely more realistic than the first game.

What also struck me is how much more difficult it is. Perhaps it's just because the Axis seems no longer to have as big an advantage as it used to, but in my first game it took me fully until mid 1946 to actually defeat the USSR. In the old game, I could defeat the USSR by mid 1943, and easily repel any attacks in the west. This time, the battle was so drawn out that I was convinced at one stage I would actually lose, something which I thought was almost impossible against the AI. Weather obviously played a big part in slowing the victory down, but also the vastness of the map and I think also the AI has definitely improved.

I decided to take Archangel and generally clear my northern flank before attacking Stalingrad and then the Caucasus and eventually the urals. Was this the wrong option? Should I have just driven straight for Stalingrad and then wheeled up north to the urals, bypassing both Archangel in the north west and the caucasus in the south east?

SC and SC2 really are classic games. I played SC1 for a good 2 years off and on through PBEM. I took a hiatus from SC2 but am now getting back into it. The strong community and unbelievable developer support helps a lot with its longevity.

Imagine not having some of the long-term, hardcore players here like JJR and Terif, or seeing SC2 only receive a single patch or none at all.

Ditto - geetting back into SC2 due to disappointment at that other game & have been pleasantly surprised by 1.06, looking forward to WaW.

However there's still a few things in SC2 that need fixing - minor country tech being the main one IMO.

Ha! I knew you'd eventually see the light SO. Others do, but then they shut their eyes, squinting to keep them shut....blocking the light.

Trying to ignore.....funny that ignore exists in ignorant.

Currently, my ignorant opinion is that SC2 is head and shoulders above anything else in this genre. Seems ...maybe a few others agree.