Wasn't it last April that battlefront came out with an announcement of SCII. It's already January, April 2005 is not that far off. That would be one year from the announcement. One has to believe that they have to be behind schedule. Maybe even way behing but they would never admit it.

Get to work Hubert! Stop reading this board and crank out those computer codes! LOL One would think Hubert will get a lot of work done now, no hockey in Canada in January and Feburary, what else is there to do in the Great White North with no NHL hockey???? LOL (Just a joke to all my Canadian fans)

Maybe we should have a pool of when they will announce it will come out. My guess is starting to look like April, which means summer 2005. Anyone else want to guess.??

The official page still says Q2 so I'd think early May isn't a bad guess. They set that date not too long ago so it should incorporate a pretty complete knowledge of where the project is. And I am betting they set it to allow a little wiggle room. SO perhaps they are thinking it could be ready in the March-ish time frame and development being what it is, it will slip until roughly May.

End of June..... If I would say Q2 I would use the max time I have. ;)

I since we havenĀ“t seen any AARs up to now => Alpha or Beta are still not that adavcanced: I think Hubert is still putting the things together and coding new functions.

3-4 months for the beta.... 1-2 months for the rollout and marketing.....

since we havenĀ“t seen any AARs up to now => Alpha or Beta are still not that advanced
It's like building a house. Developing the Editor first took most of last year, and that established a very solid foundation to build on. Not just for SC2, but for players to create custom games as well! Over the past few months we have seen some alpha builds of the new game engine which progressively implement more features. So that's like putting up walls and the roof and such. There's enough in place now to walk through the house, so to speak, but things like electrical and plumbing systems still need to be installed. Then the drywall, ceilings, flooring, etc. Then the fixtures and paint and other details. It's coming along.

I can't say exactly where we are in the process, or speculate how much longer it will be before we see a beta version. But I will mention we're far enough along that I was playing the 1939 campaign through France this past weekend. It's still a rough cut, but more or less playable. As for an AAR one of these days, we'll see. As soon as Hubert decides to cry 'Havoc' let slip the dogs of war... ;)

Originally posted by pzgndr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> since we havenĀ“t seen any AARs up to now => Alpha or Beta are still not that advanced

It's like building a house. Developing the Editor first took most of last year, and that established a very solid foundation to build on. Not just for SC2, but for players to create custom games as well! Over the past few months we have seen some alpha builds of the new game engine which progressively implement more features. So that's like putting up walls and the roof and such. There's enough in place now to walk through the house, so to speak, but things like electrical and plumbing systems still need to be installed. Then the drywall, ceilings, flooring, etc. Then the fixtures and paint and other details. It's coming along.

I can't say exactly where we are in the process, or speculate how much longer it will be before we see a beta version. But I will mention we're far enough along that I was playing the 1939 campaign through France this past weekend. It's still a rough cut, but more or less playable. As for an AAR one of these days, we'll see. As soon as Hubert decides to cry 'Havoc' let slip the dogs of war... ;) </font>

and speaking of AAR's, thank you for the kind words regarding the one I did....
Pay it forward. ;)

I'm thinking Fall 2005.
"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..." tongue.gif

I hope it won't be that long! But seriously, my only point in responding above was to indicate that there IS some alpha testing going on. Q2 is still the official word.

Originally posted by pzgndr:

But I will mention we're far enough along that I was playing the 1939 campaign through France this past weekend. It's still a rough cut, but more or less playable.

Question: Do you know if the new Allied AI will always follow the same strategy in the opening part of the 1939 Campaign? or does Hubert plan to give the Allied AI a choice of widely different strategies to select from for the opening game.

[ January 10, 2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Many thanks for the feedback Hubert and I will wait patiently as development continues.

Note: I would like to see the AI controlled British Fleet sometimes, not always, position itself to sink the Italian fleet when it enters the war and then head back to England at full speed to stop any Axis Sea Lion. ;) And sometimes withdraw its carrier from the Med before Italy enters the war to reinforce its position in the Atlantic or at least hide it in the Suez canal so that the Italian Navy can't easily sink it. ;)

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..." Uhh "Kelly's Heroes"

Pooh! whooh! Bill, that was not a negative comment, you jest of course.

Alright, I will admit to a pessimistic-optimistic philosophy, ie. I prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Eventually SC2 will grace us with its masterpiece of features. I'm not expecting a stupendous, the end all of mechanics, strategic game; but a greatly flexible editor is all I wish. I have no doubt that Hubert will succeed. Therefor I am willing to wait, the need for instant gratification does not reside in my soul. I prefer to savor the moment of creation/realization/enlightenment for the time of this dimension passes swiftly. I will capture the moment into the depth of my eternal energy, never to be relinquished, to be pondered and appreciated for all of infinity.

SLAP! SLAP! oh! Ouch! Ok! reality beckons.....see what happens when you exchange rambles with Shaka.....tangents of fruition.