SC2 Demo Questions Thread

Btw, I don't think you need a MPP cost to vary the route. Would be better and easier for both the player and probably Hubert if the computer just moved it over a couple of tiles based on attacks for you.

Thinking about the route being shown on the main map and your Intel idea. Might be kinda neat if you get shown the wrong route based on Intel (-1), no route at all at Intel (-2).

Now you'd better invest or have to go bug hunting with those subs, sucker!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You Lars.

One bit of historical info - in the early days of the war merchant ships did not cross in convoys and the routes were wider and easier to find by the German subs. Later in the war the routes became much narrower and thus harder to find and easier to protect.

Also most USA convoys traveled from the Gulf Coast up the Atlantic seaboard before heading to England.

[ April 07, 2006, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Yeah, knew that.

Just think linking the display of the convoy routes to Intel would reflect the code breaking games the Brits and Germans played with each other.

Obviously, no matter what, you'd know where the ends are. But it gets very dicey to place your subs that close to the ports.

I have noticed that some units have 7 experience slots with two of them being slightly apart of the other five. First I thougt this would only apply to units in cities and would represent experience collected by AA improvements in cities. But there are also units ouside of cities that have 7 experience slots. What does this mean? And can AA improvemts actually gain experience?

I suppose the last two slots are for AI bonus experience.
See what I mean?

About folks figuring things out

For themselves?

Fineturno has grokked

The Grok. :cool:

BTW: Thanks for the prior info on the Italian leaders and subs and else.

Question: I agree about Graziani being a "must have."

But,

Why Messe?

Also,

If you had to rank the Italian subs

(... had the MOST in the world

at outbreak of WW-2)

IN ORDER of accomplishments,

IE, transports sunk

Or other valuable efforts,

What would your # 1-5 list look like?

I DOW'd Sweden after taking Norway. The units I landed in Norway can't see the strength of the Swedish units when they are adjacent to them.

But my German units can see the strength of Turkish units when they are adjacent to them (I DOW'd Turkey too and Russia operated Turkish units to Russia).

Any ideas why the strength of Swedish units is hidden, both on the unit counter and in the descriptive unit stats box?

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

I DOW'd Sweden after taking Norway. The units I landed in Norway can't see the strength of the Swedish units when they are adjacent to them.

But my German units can see the strength of Turkish units when they are adjacent to them (I DOW'd Turkey too and Russia operated Turkish units to Russia).

Any ideas why the strength of Swedish units is hidden, both on the unit counter and in the descriptive unit stats box?

Check the tile, it might be a river in between, you can attack them but you can't see the "complete picture".

Thanks, Blashy, that was the answer. The two tiles connected via a corner lake hex.

PS: Elegant Feature, thanks HC

Note: I attacked Russia before they annexed the Baltic states. In SC1 this prevented Russia from annexing the Baltic. In Sc2 they annex the Baltic states after they are at war. Just a note on a difference between the two games.

I would think that the annexation should not be automatic if Russia is at war. They should have to DOW the Baltic states.

Baltic States, ah yes, DoW on them as Axis... hehehe.

Hint: I only did it once, NEVER again. The why is historically accurate in SC2.

The annexation occurs for Soviet in your situation because historically it was a forgone event, meaning it was not a DoW and so it continues in SC2, even if you DoW on Russia before they annex the Baltic states, it would still occur. Although you can easily take it.