the word "close" has a couple different meanings. It is used as a verb in this case from the adminstrator's prespective.

Glad I could help,

-Legend

Note: After executed, it should display "closed", the past tense use of the verb.

[ June 08, 2007, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Well, I do not think after what happened on Prodigy the first Major American On-line Service with a Graphic Interface, anyone would want a modern day repeat. A NeoNazi got to share antisemitic ideas, or something of the sort and it was published in the New York Times. SOMETHING like that smile.gif I recall as I was on the very bulletin board and it was a very humiliating thing for that On-Line Service back then. These guys today do not have to worry about that as Internet Free Speech allows Neo Nazis to own their own website and exchange Bombbuilding techniques online smile.gif !!! tongue.gif

anyway, Hubert wants a peaceful and funloving Wargaming crowd, but we all have egos, as Wargamers tend to... and that conflicts, and so do ideologies since were International it can get a little bit tense in here...

Regardless, it does get a little extreme... I think it may also be to keep the mess of the SC2 Strategic Discussion boards and force people to move it to the General Area where this may fighten away customers. It's all about the Money and the Game here smile.gif Which we should appreciate I do not want to go through 90% debate to find out how to invade RUSSIA smile.gif

Originally posted by Night:

You see, whenever the admin is to scared to deal with something or is to scared to have people argue, they just close a topic. Its their way of not solving issues and leaving things half finished.

On a sidenote, it was on my request that the topic got closed, so don't blame the mods.

As I saw it going wrong already after "Iraq" was first mentioned, and after the the first "Praise the lord" post ;)

I mean how many of those need to be closed before it's clear that stuff like that is inflammatory and against the User Agreement.

I've been a forum mod myself for a few years.

And I can really understand very well why Battle Front is linking to an external political forum since 2004.

Considering the time era and games we're usually discussing here has nothing to do with modern politics or religion.

This is a game BBS afterall, not a political or religion one. So that stuff doesn't belong here.

Originally posted by Night:

You see, whenever the admin is to scared to deal with something or is to scared to have people argue, they just close a topic. Its their way of not solving issues and leaving things half finished.

Not really, if it is a friendly debate about the game there is no issue... but if it goes beyond SC2, the User Agreement and I prefer people debate these subjects outside of the forums because the truth is, 99.9% of the time, wrt to the debate itself, I don't have the time to really care ;)

As you can probably imagine, things are pretty busy on my end at the moment and often I will receive a heads-up that a particular thread is getting out of hand... when I have a chance I'll double check and if I agree I'll just lock it up and ask everyone to move on.

1) I usually agree with the decision to close a thread.

2) Nothing tends to be "resolved" in the type of discussions that are closed anyway. The minds of the people involved have already been decided and/or closed on the issues already.

3) I do get a little tired of the constant need of some to continually bring in the same issues and tired statements no matter what the thread is actually about. At least the abuse does seem to be a bi-partison offense.

4) As has been discussed before, the internet "shield of protection" from having to be really accountable for our words, has a tendency to bring out the worst in us at times.

I dont mind threads being closed when they are off topic. Better to close a thread then to argue endlessly over things we have no control over.

I find some threads in other games get closed and people banned from the forum when they are discussing the game but find faults with the game under discussion.

I believe that is not correct when it is a discussion about the game even if it is an issue where you are complaining about specific defects in the game.

This game seems to have so few defects you rarely see any complaints on its quality though.

Jim

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

This forum have had some disturbances in the past. No wonder moderators are "trigger-happy".

Man, have you EVER changed

Skando Mondo! :eek:

It's as tho... you grew VERY old

Like,over-night, man.

[... BTW, are you still keepin'

that "lock-out count?" I do believe

I've passed you by now smile.gif )

Ya gotta have some "outlaw juice,"

Else everything starts sounding

Like one a' them there

Hollywood musicals

Where ever body is smilin' & singin'