Anyone have any, and if you do what is it and how'd it come into your possession?

The only thing I have is a full sized Nazi flag my mother's uncle brought back with him. He was in the 82nd Airborne, but I'm not sure where he got this flag specifically. It's still got dirt stains and some holes in it but otherwise it's in great condition.

Allegedly he had a lot of other stuff, but when he passed away his wife sold most of it. The two I remember specifically was a luger and a German tank commanders uniform.

Timskorn i used to collect ww2 "stuff"".Then i got married bought a house and now cant afford it.Some of the things i have are an SS officers cap from the russian front(has the rabbit fur on the cap)SS helmet regular german army helmet,various SS and regular german army wher passes and sol books.Ive got the autographs of various pilots from both sides(galland, hartmann,bader,turner)Ive got some of the survivors auto.from the bismark.Ive got paintings signed by the pilots depicting different battle scenes.Its VERY expensive to collect it now.

Cmon guys how about some photos

I just have general information,I got the below items and a bunch of other stuff, which I have sold

already. From a guy I used to know who's dad was

somewhere on the western front. Some of the items

were: German Coastal Artillery Badge, UBoat Badge and a bunch of other medals and such. But the story

I do have for one of the items, which wasn't military issue, was a custom made Gold Swastika Ring. The story being his dad said it was given to him as they advanced after an allied barrage.There was a wounded German soldier/paratrooper kinda pasted against a tree, the wounded soldier offered him the ring so they wouldn't kill him.

photos of the only 2 items I have left:

I think I heard this came off a rail car, but I"m not sure.

img0001st9.th.jpg

Iron Cross:

img0002pg7.th.jpg

[ July 21, 2007, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Micheal Wittman ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

"It's get, it's get, it's gettin' kind of Bunta".

Sorry have to ask, what's "Bunta"? I used the old

"information super highway", glad we don't have to

hear that one anymore. The wikipedia came up with

a Japanese actor and the web came up with custom cars. So you can understand my confusion to the reference perhaps.

JJR just gets worried topics like these turns into Bunta worship. ;)

I think most people just happen to have these Nazi relics because that's what our grandfathers brought back. I doubt my mother's uncle brought the uniform home to goose step in it in front of the mirror. War loot, it happens.

I enjoy being in the presence of history. It sets the imagination off. Whose hands made this flag? Who held it? What battle was it in?

Bunta is a RamboWord. Mostly used a noun, it is slang for German Nazi type. Used in a sentence,"We need to be weary of those Bunta worshippers". So when I read a thread about a bunch of ppl collecting Nazi stuff...I got concerned we might have a Bunta force working here.

-Legend

I'm sure that people also have collections like my self, that were brought back by their father's.

I have the five medals he received for his service in war. He was in the Coast Guard and served on a troop transport The U.S.S. General W.H. Gordan. (Transporting fresh troops in, bringing the wounded back.)

I also have the book (printed in 1945) that was done on that particular ship. What I find most interesting in the hardcover book is the notes that my father wrote in there on different pages. He also wrote in the back (was blank) page, all the voyages, and the stops the ship made.

I also have some B/W pictures he took (looks like in Japan) when they stopped there later in the war (after leaving the atlantic.)

He did bring back various coins from that time. Mostly German.

I don't save the coins because they have swastikas on them and what they symbolize. I keep them because my father brought them back and that symbolizes the victory over the evil.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Bunta is a RamboWord. Mostly used a noun, it is slang for German Nazi type. Used in a sentence,"We need to be weary of those Bunta worshippers". So when I read a thread about a bunch of ppl collecting Nazi stuff...I got concerned we might have a Bunta force working here.

-Legend

No "Bunta" force here LOL and I appreciate your sentiment. But I think we are safe from Buntas here.

CheerZ!