Hubert - this should be next....

As much as I'd like the whole world in one map, I think that the first thing on the list should be a good D-Day from the allied AI.

Play with the Axis put off Fog of War at the end, you'll see what I mean : 50 troops in the US that just sit there and do NOTHING at all.

Originally posted by TaoJah:

As much as I'd like the whole world in one map, I think that the first thing on the list should be a good D-Day from the allied AI.

Play with the Axis put off Fog of War at the end, you'll see what I mean : 50 troops in the US that just sit there and do NOTHING at all.

I've spent quite some time to narrow down the issues on D-Day and while I did correct many of the AI and script errors, i.e. the US will not be sitting around with 50 troops on the mainland anymore, there is just a little more refinement to go. But the good news is that we have had reports from the testers that the AI has landed a successful invasion force including HQs and that now I just need to re-enforce their staying power once in France

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TaoJah:

I've spent quite some time to narrow down the issues on D-Day and while I did correct many of the AI and script errors, i.e. the US will not be sitting around with 50 troops on the mainland anymore, there is just a little more refinement to go. But the good news is that we have had reports from the testers that the AI has landed a successful invasion force including HQs and that now I just need to re-enforce their staying power once in France </font>

Hyazinth von Strachwitz, can you tell me if this was a game where you had 'Soft Build Limits' turned on?

If this setting was off I can see how the AI might end up with extra and unusable MPP especially in 'Expert' mode but if not then I can attempt to address this issue better.

Anyone else see this with the 'Soft Build Limits' option enabled?

Building units is done by a percentage chance of building a unit. With the more common units having a higher percentage i believe. But with a unit build limit on it's easy for the AI to run out of buildable units. And the chance for a uncommon unit to build is small so mpp's start to gather up. As you can see in the example down here, germany will never ever build several unit types during that period. Some minor tweaks or additions should be able to fix that issue smile.gif

#NAME= Germany (September 1941 - 1943)

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#COUNTRY_ID= 5

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#HQ= 15 [1]

#CORPS= 25 [2]

#ARMY= 50 [1]

#ENGINEERS= 0 [0]

#PARATROOPS= 0 [0]