Paratroop weather bug in WaW?

Yep, I thought that was a bug in SC2 also. Turns out it is a feature.

Think, Battle of the Bulge, Von Der Heydte's drop behind US lines to prevent northern US reinforcements from entering the campaign area.

Done in bad weather, when the other combat air forces were of little use. Not very effective combat wise, but of great psychological effect tying down US forces looking for roving bands of FJs.

Historically, yes, but for consistency-sake, I think that airdrops should follow the same rules as the rest of the airfleet, or even better: the same "landing casualties" rule that applies when dropping on unsafe terrain should apply when dropping in bad weather.

Paras can suffer landing casualties whenever and wherever they drop, even in friendly territory, so I think that this risk is the price you pay to be able to drop paras during bad weather, when the airforce is unable to carry out effective reconnaissance nor blast the paras' target for them.

It might not be consistent with airfleets but I feel that it makes sense, and given the factors I've outlined above there is a great risk dropping them in bad weather.

How does the current landing casualties formula work? Isn't there a chance increase depending on terrain? I've never experienced landing casualties in anything but cities or mountains.

As for Von der Heydte's airdrop, out of 1200, only 125 assembled after landing and another 125 later, so one can hardly say weather wasn't a major factor along with "flak and pilot error" [1].

IMO, it would be more accurate if the percentage and amount of airdrop casualties were calculated by terrain, weather, and (if possible) AA presence, instead of a random chance event.

[1]http://www.germanwarmachine.com/fallschirmjager/thewest194445.htm