Played as allies on expert level and gave computer +2. France went down as expected but UK was able to take NA from Italians. Rearranged USSR forces deeper into Russia and formed defensive lines and invested in inf/AT/tank/AF techs. I was even able to launch an early D-day by the US in late 43.

The AI strikes at weakened units in force which is very good. But tweaking is still needed as the level I was playing at should be near impossible to win.

hmm

based on what ive seen thus far the AI is decent

and much more aggressive than in SC1

egypt was attacked wen i was allies and libya was attacked wen i was axis

it was a decent operation by the AI, tho of course as allies i crushed it and a cpl weeks later took tobruk and then el agheila, i was impressed

and the uboats almost cost me a cpl ships. seems the AI was moving them around and around cuz i had the whole of the Home Fleet AND the RCN AND the free french charging around the atlantic looking for em

finally the AI made a mistake, it brought them close to britain. Aircover spotted them, the navy converged, scratch 2 uboats. there was even a 3rd uboat, the dreaded u47 which i believe to have been built in kiel and sent through the GIUK gap. so i was impressed there as well

I agree the AI is more aggressive than it was in SC1, especially in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.

HC's forthcoming updates will make it even better.

Now, I am just learning the system and seeing what the AI does and doesn't do, and trying my hand at a few simple scripts.

One weakness I see is that the AI largely ignores Tech and Diplomacy, often to its detriment.

[ April 15, 2006, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

The AI needs some work,but it's so far a heck of alot better than SC1! The Americans do send some troops to the Uk when they are at war but it would be good to see them send troops to NA! Also they mostly just make troops, i haven't notice them making any tanks. I agree with Edwin P., the AI needs to use Tech and Diplomacy more and to apply it to it's strategy better. Overall this classic game will only get better! ;)

Yea the A.I. really is not so great sadly :/ obviously it is a very hard task to make good AI and Hubert should not be held at fault. This being said, there is still need for improvment or else this game will whind up sitting on harddrives not being played unless someone else is online to play against.

The AI in SC1 also seemingly refused to make any tank groups, a hard fallback for SC2 because of how many tank groups a Axis player will usually build, esp those of higher tech levels. I too have noticed that the AI does not have good tech levels, in fact really doesnt get much tech at all from what I've seen so far.

The first full game I ever played I used Diplomacy and walked ALL over the computer, I got spain and Iraq to join with relative ease by 43' AI's response? nothing.

For some reason, as in SC1, the AI ignores the Med. I have all the time in the world with the Italians to attack eygpt, for the entire game (currently at the end of 43') I have sent Italian armies forward to Eygpt, fought the British, and withdrew of my own accord, never being counter attacked in force, even when one may have destroyed me. Basicly it is only a matter of time before I over-come them since they make barley any tactical moves and have yet to send any form of reenforcment to North Africa. I have even destroyed the British fleet in the Med and have not seen an allied warship since 41'.

One thing I noticed is that there are more partisans (bought passive and active) then ever and this makes it slightly more challenging. At one time I had 4 partisan groups in the USSR and 1 in Yugo, presenting something of a challenge. But since the AI never makes any real attempts to change the tide, I was able to withdraw forces and deal with them easily.

All in All the AI needs to realize strategic opputiunty's and exploit them more often, I walked through russia and barley even met resistence. Unit's just sat around cities and let me encircle them one city at a time until the Red army was in such shambles that no production could ever save them.

It's also quite easy to win as Allies vs. a human opponent.

You just have to figure out the Allies complexities. Being on the defense and preparing for offense later on (and when to do it) is much more difficult than simply being the agressor.

I've won using 3 different strategies as allies.