[Rambo Invitational Tourney] Jesus vs Colin....winner will face Hellraiser for Crown

Luck sack win by HR over Legend.

Round #1 (completed)

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Normal Dude vs SeaMonkey -----> SeaMonkey

Preusse vs Hellraiser -----> Hellraiser

Canuck_TAR vs Lars --------> Lars

Colin vs arado234 ------> Colin

K Man vs Konigs --------> K Man

Agamemnon vs Baron -----> Baron

TaoJah vs Jesus --------> Jesus

Round #2

Rambo vs SeaMonkey ----> Rambo

Hellraiser vs Lars ----> Hellraiser

Colin vs K Man

Baron vs Jesus

Round #3

Rambo vs Hellraiser ---> Hellraiser

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Luck sack win by HR over Legend."

Well that is...to say the least, inaccurate smile.gif

Rambo operated west for a turn 2 attack of denmark and LC while keeping enough troops in poland to get the job done.

But he allowed the poles to regroup near Warsaw and moreover 2 polish corps survived at str 1 each which delayed him quite a long time - but he took poland just before russia would have begun to raise an eyebrow smile.gif

His problems were not in Poland but in Denmark smile.gif

He took Denmark in turn 2 and delayed LC for one more turn. The allied armada poised to get norway noticed that Kiel port was not defended not even by a cruiser and decided to postpone operation Norway - instead commandoes seized Kiel and blocked the strait with a ship. After that, the kriegsmarine was wiped out by the combined anglo-french navies. Copenhagen was empty as well and Rambo operated an AF which was hit for 3 turns by the uk army and finally killed.

Some bad rolls indeed occured for him - 2 of them in poland and 2 in france but nothing really that upsetting. He got his share of luck as well - his subs dived several times and one managed to stay alive in koeningsberg after the polish army hit it for only 1 str point (from 2 to 1 ) -oh, that sub was killed later ofc smile.gif

Ah and in december 39 he already had lvl 2 tanks smile.gif

He gave up after losing the AF in Copenhagen during early 40 (march i think).

I strongly believe that not luck was the main factor here - allies will certainly not miss such an opportunity (to kill the german fleet) if axis leave Kiel undefended.

Thanks for the explanation Hellraiser, it was interesting.

As far as "luck" depends how you look at it I suppose. Were you "lucky" or "skilled" to see the situation at the Keil port? I might argue the latter, but isn't real war often determined by luck as well at times? Just being in the right (or wrong) place, a fortunate or unfortunate patrol/recon event etc.

Either way, luck or skill, certainly skill was needed to take advantage of it. On the other side, risks are sometimes taken, is it bad luck or poor skill? Just a choice that was made probably. You can't be everywhere and do everything. I wouldn't be surprised if in many cases, leaving the situation as Rambo did, would not have been noticed and the result could have been quite different.

Luck or skill? Maybe the fortunes of war is a better description.

What really screwed me up was losing the Konigberg port above Poland. That prevented me from reinforcing a ground unit into Denmark. Instead, I put in air, which got killed.

Hellraiser loves to gamble with Allies, this time it worked for him.

AAR nº 4: DAK_21PzDivision (axis) Vs Baron(allies)

We are in April 1943 (more or less), 103 turns have been complete.

Just a short report to announce that German army has launched the "Can Opener Operation" around Stalingrad city.

Two Paratroops has started the operation landing and attacking a red HQ behing Don River, which has been destroyed with the help of Luftwaffe. Then a large assault from corps, armies and tanks over the first line of Russian's defences around Stalingrand area. We could destroy only a corps and one armie. We can see other 3 armoured armies and 4 rockets (level 3 at least)... and some other units. German army have in the first line 3 armoured tanks, 5 - 6 armies and 4 - 5 corps plus 6 airplanes with 4 HQ supporting them.

Hitler wants to finish the war in the east before allies can launch its D-Day!!! Meanwhile, other german armies with the help of Italians and Spaniards forces arer trenched from Portugal to Germany!!!

Good Luck brave soldier fighting againt the bolchevism!!! tongue.gif

Update to 105 turn: First losses in german armies due of red rocket and the CA from adjacent red units. However in the following turn, our forces clear the west side of Don River and took Maikop oil camps! More (a lot of them) red forces are coming from the east to Stalingrad area... BTW mud in June (at the east of Stalingrad) since March (before it was winter), SC2 weather is mad!!! The question is: where is Patton and Eisenhower?

[ May 21, 2007, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: DAK_21PzDivision ]

Round #1 (completed)

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Round #2

Rambo vs SeaMonkey ----> Rambo

Hellraiser vs Lars ----> Hellraiser

Colin vs K Man

Baron vs Jesus ----> Jesus wins !!!

Round #3

Rambo vs Hellraiser ---> Hellraiser

Col/K vs Jesus

Just wanted to tip my hat to DAK_21PzDivison (Jesus).After the Axis launching of Operation Can Opener there were several fierce battles around Stalingrad. After taking tremendous punishment, the Soviets were forced to retreat from the city. Meanwhile in the West the huge Allied forces were stymied at every landing attempt due to entrenched Axis forces around every port in striking range. The ports that were not entrenched were protected by the Axis fleets that had been kept intact. In short I had no way of getting ashore in Western Europe to help relieve presure on the Soviets. Realizing the futilty of my position I offered my sword to my worthy opponent. My hats off to him, he was one move ahead of me the entire game!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot to update this...

Round #1 (completed)

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Round #2 (Completed)