SC2 Patton Drives East announced!

What no atom bomb.I was looking forward to seeing a big mushroom cloud and hearing a big woooooooosh as Moscow gets blown to bits.I dont know Hubert get ready for the wrath of Rambo.I think he would have liked nuking them Commies (ha ha).

Thanks for the response Hubert, I'm looking forward to these updated sprites, and really looking forward to the "1948 Berlin Crisis" and the "1947 Russians Are Coming" campaign.

What was your reasoning for omitting an Atomic Bomb? Is it because it would throw off the strategy of the game too much?

Frost, rjh1971,

Glad to hear you are looking forward to this new expansion. We've really put a lot of work into this one and with some of the new mechanisms, like the DECISION events, players can expect a much more dynamic game with player driven outcomes and choices.

In fact we've just posted two new Blog entries highlighting a few of the campaigns, how decisions play a critical role and generally what to expect from this new offering. More info can be found at the following link:

http://www.battlefront-store.com:8080//index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=213

Sombra, there is a new 1939 campaign that will be included that starts around March right around the German annexation of Czechoslovakia. This one has garnered a lot of excitement with the Beta testers as it is a whole new fresh look at the Fall Weiss campaign. Essentially it allows the German player to try a few alternate strategies, i.e. invade France first or go for Poland a bit earlier and even allows the Allies to reorganize their units for alternate defense or even offensive strategies once they enter the war.

Lots of options and a few surprises as well and I hope to do a more detailed write up in the next few days.