true

but it would b a reminder so sumthin like that doesnt happen again

andif the germans dont support it now

then maybe they shouldnt have been so naughty in the first place huh?

lol

"We learn from history that we learn NOTHING from history"

okay then, how about an OPTION to turn it on or off?

instead of having 1 german flag, u could have 2?

and it would of course b in the options screen

sumthing like -

Historic German Flag On/Off

I don't think the swastika would reduce profits in Europe(on the contrary..) but it is forbidden in some large countries( Germany,France,..)so the game simply couldn't be legally sold in those countries wich would of course reduce the profit of the game.

If you really want a Swastika in the game there's a mod for the orginal game(and I'm sure there will be one for SC2 as well)that makes all flags historically correct .

we're armchair Generals... The Iron Cross represents the pride of Germany... The Swatika does not...<it is a symbol of terror despite the fact it's real meaning was good>

You can't be ashamed of the Iron Cross, it still is on NATO German fighters now and has been around a long long time. before Hitler

Originally posted by Liam:

we're armchair Generals... The Iron Cross represents the pride of Germany... The Swatika does not...<it is a symbol of terror despite the fact it's real meaning was good>

You can't be ashamed of the Iron Cross, it still is on NATO German fighters now and has been around a long long time. before Hitler

Agreed. The iron cross was also a symbol of the Weimarre republic that was installed after WW1 and was one of the most progressive governments in the world.Too bad Hitler turned up because otherwise it would probably have stayed that way.

I don't think it is forbidden in France?

All tabletop wargame I bought have the Swastika flag for nazi. I know the question about Germany. But why does it impact computer game and not tabletop wargame?

Though I really think that not displaying the nazi flag is hypocrit. The games name all general of the german army which was as nazi as the rest. SC1 is somehow pro-nazi germany that is worst in my point of view that displaying the historically acurate nazi flag. I fill like we should change the french flag in all game as it has been used by Napoleon and Vichy government.

Associating Nazi germany with another flag is perhaps a bit insulting to the other flag too.

By the way, look at a modern day's japanese road map/tourist's map : they're full of swastika. so they could not be sold in Germany??

And last : I always thought historical wargame should present history as it was. Presenting it differently will gradually make young players think along false idea.

If we cannot cope the fact of recreating nazi horrors, then we can play fantasy wargame with WWII technology.

*sorry for the rant, i do believe a small mod to be the answer, or a switch/parental control thing*

It's a flag image.

As long as I know who is german and who isn't, I guess I could care less.

I want my German formations modelled with correct stats, but again, I reeeeeeally don't care if the units names are anal accurate.

I mean, there has to be a limit guys. And wanting a swastika flag instead of an iron cross flag, has to be one of the greatest energy waster arguments out there hehe.

So lets get back to arguing about something useful. Like hexes vs squares hehe.

I think Fury Software should investigate the legalities of using the Swastika flag; there may be a way round it. My opinion is that if you are setting a game in WW2 then you need the genuine flags of the period - it's as simple as that. Using WW1 symbols like the Iron Cross is stupid and irrelevant. And as far as offending German, Israeli or any other nation's sensibilities is concerned, I couldn't give a monkey's fart! You can't wipe out history - it will always be there.

and the russian communist flag should be forbidden as well.

but i dont care, it adds to the feeling.

Agrees with previous posting,

this is nothing to bother with. Sell the game as it is and use the flag mod when it arrives.

As long as we atleast get the Iron Cross flag (I wonder why they haven't banned that too...) I wont be missing for swastika. Just don't do what HoI did and use the silly Weimar Republic flag.

They didn't ban the Iron Cross because in WW1 the Germans were just imperialists not fascists. And if all imperialist symbols are to be banned from games we might just as well ban the US and UK flag as well.

All tabletop wargame I bought have the Swastika flag for nazi. I know the question about Germany. But why does it impact computer game and not tabletop wargame?

Though I really think that not displaying the nazi flag is hypocrit.

Appearantly most governments think it is safer to allow shooters and tabletop wargames with the swastika in it than a strategic computer wargame :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Carl G. E. von Mannerheim:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Norse:

I doubt this will be a problem. HC should release the game legally, and someone will make a quick mod that we can download that has the swastika in it. Everybody get's happy. smile.gif

Norse? Is that you?!?!?! :eek: </font>

1. The swastika was actually the symbol for peace in India. Of course you can count on a psycho like Hitler to twist it around.

2. There is no "communist" flag. The flag you might be thinking of is the flag of the USSR, and the cold war is not a war that will be admitted by the government.

Originally posted by Roosevelt45:

They didn't ban the Iron Cross because in WW1 the Germans were just imperialists not fascists. And if all imperialist symbols are to be banned from games we might just as well ban the US and UK flag as well.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Though I really think that not displaying the nazi flag is hypocrit.

Appearantly most governments think it is safer to allow shooters and tabletop wargames with the swastika in it than a strategic computer wargame :rolleyes: </font>