A little rant here:

Since defense in SC2 has less to do with strategy then with favorable weather. How about an improvement between the permanent changing weather that there is some kind of long term weather? Besides I think a corps in Poland should be able to move into Warsaw if its stands besides the town even when its rains .

[ June 03, 2006, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

Originally posted by Sombra:

Since defense in SC2 has less to do with strategy then with favorable weather.

Yes, the bad defense (values) should also be fixed in the next patch. Attacking is always to easy, since the losses for the defender are much to high compared to the attacker (in most cases).

Ciao Frank

Originally posted by TaoJah:

-- never played a game where it was so determinal of the outcome.

Just because no other game has managed to simulate weather effects properly doesn't mean it's broken in SC2. I'd say it's the opposite - SC2 has finally got it right.

Originally posted by Sombra:

A little rant here:

Since defense in SC2 has less to do with strategy then with favorable weather. How about an improvement between the permanent changing weather that there is some kind of long term weather? Besides I think a corps in Poland should be able to move into Warsaw if its stands besides the town even when its rains .

It can. Op move it.

I like the weather, leave it as is.

Besides, gives us all something to bitch about, just like in real life.

Originally posted by Lars:

It can. Op move it.

And this is one thing i really don't like. Infrastructure is usable or not.

And a short OP movement should be cheaper than a long journey to a far far front away.

OP movement in or out of an enemy zone of control is another thing. Some boardgames don't allow it, and i think these games are right about it.

[ June 03, 2006, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: xwormwood ]

Weather effected the outcome of All Wars!

Attrittion is greater, movement hindered, soldiers use more supply, they're freezing in their boots. They're getting trenchfoot, they're unable to move.. Especially in previous eras.

Weather dictated Offensives for thousands of years. Hannibal had to cross the Alps and lost a large percentage of his men when he had done this, he however calculated out he'd have enough still left once in the Boot.

There are so many factors involved in Offensives and Defensives. Should things be changed any? Should the Weather Effect be altered or should the other values be altered?

I'd have to say that entrenchment wasn't as powerful in WW2, but it's very very poor in SC. Perhaps terrain isn't as powerful? As the weather, why should a city shelter a unit from destruction or great damage? A city isn't better than a thick forest!

There are a lot of tactical ifs. Maybe a little tweak for defense would be nice. I must however put on all of you, what Major Winter Offensives of WW2 do you recount?

I'm waiting..... :: I know there were a few ::

Red CounterOffensive Winter of '41-Battle Of the Bulge... That's all I can recount, neither achieved anything Major