For those who will play my EXPANDED mod

I have decided to use the regular Fall Weiss map as the starting point for my Expanded Mod. (As I did for SC2) The A3R Mod has no roads or railways and while I like the scale it would be too much work to add those back.

I will be adding a select few columns and rows to expand the map in certain areas such as Britain, Germany and the Med but it is still basically an army scale map.

Therfore, my question is this:

I personally don't beleive that Special Forces, AT and Artillery are realistic units to have at this scale. I will change Special Forces to Militia/Garrison and Artillery to Atomic Bomb. I will probably leave AT out altogether.

I will keep the AA and Rockets just for fun.

Is this fair?

Any other suggestions?

I really like the A3R map a lot better though :-(

But I can understand if you deem it too much work. On the other hand, you can do railroads only, much like the Battle in Russia map. That should save you some time. Roads are not really necessary I think, but only a nice extra.

I understand you opposition to Special Forces but it seems to me that you should be able to create some kind of more powerful infantry unit. Could you make it possible to research experienced infantry? Each chit gained equals a level of experience and the corresponding increase in strength? Perhaps called "infantry training" or something? I would have no idea if this was possible, just a thought.

Good points...

I have decided to change Rockets to A-Bomb and make them only available to the US, and very few of them. It worked well in my old MOD.

Garrisons will be very limited in all respects, no tank attack, one action point etc. so if you want to amphib them, fine, but they are almost useless except for defense against partisans and poor infantry. They can be upgraded though.

AT and Special Forces will not be available.

Engineers, paratroops and AA WIll be available.

Still hard at work.....

Question: Do the Special Forces units have any special abilities? I may use that unit for some kind of alternative infantry unit such as marine or soemthing.

I have really enjoyed your previous mods and look forward to the next. I am still getting to know WaW and don't know that I agree that artillery be left out. I believe that it killed more folks in WWII than any other weapon type. Keep up the good work.

It is the de-entrenchment value that I like most about the Special Forces but the ability to amphib from any coastal space is interesting also. Those special abilities give a much wider range of possibilities. I would appreciate it if you left them in, calling them Marines sounds like a good idea.

Sarge Saunders opinion could not possibly be worth the $0.02 price tag he placed on it, even if he was correct. tongue.gif