Hi there

I keep having to delay my attach on france and the netherlands because of mud, mud an again mud until mid juni :mad: Don't know if Hubert has ever been to europe but we don't have such extreme weather. Mud til march fine, april showers ok but in june....

Originally posted by Cheese Panzer:

Agreed - those mid-summer mud turns are really jarring. Mud turns really need to stop completely by late May.

Its realism, the chances if it happening are low, as in real life. You never know when your gonna have a unusually rainy summer, it does happen.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

I once had winter until late may and then mud until mid-july. Is that normal?

The winter part shouldn't happen that late, I agree with you there.

But rain/mud can happen at anytime, it may not be normal for that time of year, but it can happen.

Rain and mud may occur in central Europe as late as may. However, given the excellent road system that the countries in question posessed in WW2 I don'T see how it could hinder military activities the way it does in SC2. I think only air power should be really affected by weather outside Russia and maybe northern Scandinavia. I usually can drive on the Autobahn at 180kmh even when the weather sucks. And German tanks had no problem rolling over Belgiums roads even when the fields there may have been muddy.

The Autobahn was more of a joke you know. However I am not aware of either a german or allied advance in France/Italy/Germany/LC that got stuck in mud in WW2. And yes, I think troops moved on roads 90% of the time in western Europe. And when they didn't have to fight, it was 100%. Therefore, I don't see why movement should be limited the way i is now. When fighting, ok, there may have been slight disadvantages.