AAR, Rambo vs. Jollyguy, Axis Rambo in Full Retreat in Africa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like John has an MPP slowplay Axis style going? I like the sounds of it, I'd like to see if it plays out as possible strategy for Axis?

In my game vs JollyGuy, finally right on top of Stalingrad, there is no real western threat, German 5 Armor is Kick ass

Originally posted by Liam:

Looks like John has an MPP slowplay Axis style going? I like the sounds of it, I'd like to see if it plays out as possible strategy for Axis?

It is possible. Only now, the minor feeding fest starts post Barbarossa smile.gif

DOW on Swiss. This will be a classic West vs. East battle, unless JG decides to get tricky with the USA, I doubt it though.

Allies took Iran & Syria. So the line is drawn. Allies still have Malta.

The line is: Riga, Swamp, Romania, Albania, Western Libya.

An interesting thing I've noticed is why bother DOW'ing Russia? All Allied players will pull their heavy units back, so doesn't seem to be any value in it from the Axis side, as it only bumps up the US and who knows how else.

I forgot to check, but do the Swiss start 6 entrenched? If so, they could be somewhat time consuming nut for JR to crack, as having a city this time compared to SC 1, to reinforce from, could make the Swiss a bit more stubborn. Two turns of attacks later, including from several air units, and both armies are still a 8.

In Russia, Stalin is feeling pretty good and just issued extra rations of vodka. June 42, and still only two cities under the Nazi yoke, all quiet elsewhere. The English have disrupted supply a couple times, same for the French, and those Irish once I believe.

Bob

August '42 --- Last Russian Cruiser near Lennigrad is destroyed. Both mines on Dneiper have been captured. Siberian Transfer has occurred, I'm sure he's going to look for a counter. Plenty of technology floating around. Italian Navy demostration GLR+2.

August '42 --- Germans begin attacking Sevestapol with ground units. Many Buntas in the Dneiper area. Meanwhile, combined land, air, & sea attack Greece...we are met by BB & CR of the Royal Navy. The BB is sunk. Amphi-transports surround Athens, LF is attacking from Bulgaria. Allies have RAF unit in Tobruk, we shall see if there is a counter.

Athens converted. RAF intercepts twice from Tobruk area. LF is stationed in Bulgaria. My ships get a little dinged, but no losses. No losses on the ground either. The British put in a fresh Corp into Athens, that was the unit I destroyed, the orginal Greek dudes, sailed away.

Sevastapol is now Axis.

Yes, sharp brief action in Greece. Debated whether to reinforce more, but opted for a token force and wait to see if it would hold. The Greek corp held up to four land units landings and two or three air attacks, and Rambo's land units were out of supply, so IMO had a fair chance. But he got some good dice rolls from his air the next turn, and it fell.

Rambo DOW'ed Turkey! I was going to do this in X number of turns, so I believe the only minor not embroiled in this full map war is Sweden. In Turkey he'll get a city and port to 8, me a capital and two cities to 20, 10, 10 respectively. IMO I could handle a Black Sea incursion no problem.

In Russia, the Siberians arrived and Urals industry transferred, and as far as I can tell, the Urals mpps will equal or exceed Spain and Rumania's combined. As to fighting on the Russian front I've liberated an empty Smolensk, and one mine. My level 5 tanks took out one of his highly experienced level 4 or 5 tanks, three of my tanks taking heavy damage. I expect to lose one and possibly two of my tanks the next turn, at which point we'll see if he's going to stand and fight, or pull back and form a defensive line.

Bob

Feb. 1943 --- War in the mountains of Turkey, west of the Capital. What's the name of it? I have no idea, but I have 3 Bunta Armies & a Panzer battling American & UK Armies! LF is working from Romania/Bulgaria, while RAF is in Turkey & Tobruk. The Reds of walked nearer the German/Romanian border, this should get interesting.

Meanwhile, in the Atlantic, 2 Royal Navy ships sunk, they were spotted coming back from Suez! Meanwhile, US Navy & Patton spotted West of the arrows! Patton is damaged to strength-4! Almost killed.

Yes, Patton is spitting mad that the US Navy let his convoy get dinged up, but they made it to the arrows nevertheless. Awaiting him are two US Armored units, which attacked Tripoli this turn.

Meahwhile, some British commandoes liberated an unoccupied Sicily, and report the pasta, red wine, and Italian women to be to their liking.

Tito is reinforced to 8.

Originally posted by Jollyguy:

Tito is Yugo's Stongman. Say Re Yay Oh, is Sarejvo.

I'm not sure if Tito could ever be bought as an HQ, but that would be a nice opton.

I never tried it but I think you can rename Partisan units the same way you can rename other units.