I can't remember the manufacturer, but it was Gettysburg - made to play on the Apple IIc

I wasn't all that bad, but quite simple if you go back and look at it today. No color, no fancy terrain, just drawings of elevations similar the some of the original board wargames. The "counters" were just a simple soldier or cannon.

Would have been circa about 1981 or so. Came on 5.25 disc.

My first comouter wargame was Eastern Front by Atari; which had mud and snow weather effects, followed by an Ancient Rome era computer Game released by Avalon Hill. The Roman era game was interesting as you got to fight against different barbarian tribes - each had different strengths and weaknesses.

Mine was a board-game called KRIEGSPIEL...it had two factional entities...the Black pieces were called 'BLACKBUTTE' and for Red,...i do not recall what they were named!.

Anyway,[it's been many year's so i can't recall much!] for each combat you needed to ROLL the DICE to get your COMBAT-ODDS as well as...select a card from the deck to give you your Final-Result instructions for after Combat,...such as to HOLD-FAST,RETREAT,ADVANCE AFTER COMBAT,Etc.

One of my favorite old games was GUADALCANAL CAMPAIGN by Gary Grigsby. Poor Graphics but a thinking man's game. Too bad u couldn't play the Japanese! Around 1981 I bought my first computer, an ATARI 400 at a computer show in Boston MA. I also bought BATTLES FOR NORMANDY there also. Was anyone there? I think it was late summer or fall of that year!

Decision in the Desert, Commodore 64.

I loved the game. Still think about how good the gameplay was.

Of course, I've since played it again and was frustrated with the graphics, but not much has been as much fun and had as much replayability at that game.

SC1 was that type game.

JP