Is there a tutorial in this game?

BotD

Originally posted by Moriarty:

Once you've finished those tutorials, the best teacher is PBEM.

That might could be rushing things in some cases. It might be better to play the AI for several games just to get the hang of it before trying to learn under the pressure of trying to beat a live opponent.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moriarty:

Once you've finished those tutorials, the best teacher is PBEM.

That might could be rushing things in some cases. It might be better to play the AI for several games just to get the hang of it before trying to learn under the pressure of trying to beat a live opponent.

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Don't mind Deadmarsh. He doesn't even know what the 'L' means in a gun's designation. tongue.gif

;):D

Michael

And apparently I wasn't the only one either. I guess my charter membership on this forum denies me the freedom to ask such stupid questions...

Don't worry Emry's, one day I'll reach grog status and be as contemptible as you. smile.gif

Botd, if you read the manual, you probably saw the tutorial mission instructions in the back, no?

[ November 30, 2002, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

Well sometimes it helps to see how it is in the game, rather then just reading the manual, which I did read.
Sounds like what you want are AARs (After Action Report), perferably with pictures, eh? The first link has links to multiple AARs - I haven't checked 'em out. (Except I remember the last one - it has pictures.) The remaining three links are all to AARs with pictures. (One of 'em is for CMBO AARs, but that should be close enough.)

I don't know of any CMBB "saved game" or "movie phase" AARs, which would allow you to follow along within the game.

http://homepage.mac.com/cjbehm/CMBB%20AARs.html

http://home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=001677

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/ab1/aar.html

Searching for "AAR" should turn up more.

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Not at all - you can ask what you want.

What your "Charter membership" entitles you to is to be ridiculed for asking basic questions and then criticising newbies! smile.gif </font>

Well, his question is answered in the manual. Mine...isn't. If you look on p. 108 under Main Weapon, it doesn't seem to mention anything about "L" meaning "barrell length." So there!

Okay, I'm done with ya. smile.gif

About the Jaegermeister tutorial :

SPOILER ALERT

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

First i played it as Russians (lost, have to try it again), the second time as Germans.

I knew what to expect and i placed my Panthers on my right wing on front.

On turn 1 i let them drive fast to the road.

From then on, they killed each Russian tank who drive down the hill with side shots...it was a massacre !!! :D

This could have bene avoid be setting the Panthers in a closed box (different color) so you cant put them on front.

Any thoughts about this?

Monty

[ December 01, 2002, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]

POSSILBE SPOILER AND STUFF5...

or not.......

With the scenario default axis setup I enjoyed a

minor victory as the russians. Simply "shoot&scoot" with all your afv's on the ridges and its too many to target for the poor huns. I never tried it as the jermans, and I would think it would be easy cuz u already know the allied setup... I think I lost half my afv's but the other half was just mopping up after the "panzer fiasco".

Possible hint... dont play as teh germ-ans if you want a challenge... for pbem your observations do have import...