Availability of CMBB Demo from other sources

BFC (or others who know):

What will the availability of CMBB Demo be, from other sources/mirrors, demo disks from magazines and so on. I know the night of the refresh monkeys is coming fast and I suspect with broadband I will be among them. I was just curious as I would be just as happy to dip from another well.

I know that you placed it on the Macaddict disk for CMBO (I don't know if that assisted your sales, but it was helpful for me at the time with limited internet access). Will there be other placements or is the tithe too steep for what is effectively advertising space?

Sorry if I missed a previous announcement that detailed all this, I have been on holiday for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance;

[ August 25, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: kmead ]

Well, atleast www.cdv.de will be spreading the demo. Then there's www.gamershall.de (this is in German ) , and I would suspect it to spread to other quality sites !

As to that magazine demo disk issue ; I sincerely hope that it spreads into as many mags as possible ! CM is unique, and I hope that BTS will get as many customers/fans as possible. Through more customers they'll get more money to develop ever better games ( Christ, where will this end ? ;) )

There are a ton of games out there that get ridiculous amounts of hype ( Black & White, anyone ? ) but in the end prove to be unworthy of the praise. False promises, to put it short. Now, there cannot be any doubt as to the excellence that is CMBB, and therefore I would suggest BTS started advertising a little more. I'm sure not every potential buyer, be it a grog or otherwise has even heard of CM ; by increasing advertising in various magazines or spreading the demo etc BTS are sure to reap benefits.

Interestingly, CMBO was advertised widely and over a prolonged period in a number of military history magazines.

I too would like to see it on the next MacAddict disk. That would facilitate acquiring the demo, but even if it makes it, it probably won't make it in time to prevent me from trying to get it via download. I plan to start it and then go to sleep.

Michael

As it would be a non commercial duplication, I suspect I could burn you a copy when I have downloaded it and send it on...

In my original post I was asking for PC and Mac so its good to know that it was widely distributed in Europe for the PC crowd. I was just interested in knowing about other sources besides the refresh monkey fountain...

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Firefly:

The CMBO demo appeared on most of the PC magazine cover discs...

That's all well and good and I truly hope things happen that way, but it doesn't do us Mac users any good, you see.

:(

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I'm cringing at the thought of trying to download it at home. When I downloaded CMBO last fall, I started the download and went into the living room to watch football. Three hours later it was almost done.

56k stinks on ice.

Like I say, set it up and then go to sleep. Whenever you get up to pee, you can check to see if it's done. If it is, you know who won't be going back to bed that night!

Michael

Originally posted by Jarmo:

Well it also was in many/all? mac magazines that carry a CD. I know MacFormat had the demo several times.

I never heard of that magazine. Is that a European exclusive?

It'll be there again... by christmas..
Oh wuppee... Long before Christmas I plan to have the full version. Actually, I'm not particularly worried about getting the download. I have a plan, and if that doesn't work I have one or two other plans to fall back on. At the greatest extremity I will simply wait until I get the full version. Unlike some others, my life will proceed if I don't get CMBB in the very first instance.

On the other hand, if delivery is delayed once BFC gets my order, dire things will result. A word to the wise, boys.

Michael

So, that would be noon on September the first right? You will be amazed how many of us will be refreshing the download page at midnight :D It may be noon time where you are, but we have all night to waste unbeknownst to our wives (I'll be right up honey...) and then the whole day.

Originally posted by Soddball:

Well, unfortunately my ISP has a 2-hour disconnect on my 56k modem - so I can download around 25MB in that time.

Has anyone who runs KaZaA, Morpheus, Fileshare etc considered plonking it on their shared folder? I would be very grateful :D

I used to have that before I switched to ADSL. If you get a download manger such as Gozilla or GetRight, you can resume the download from when you were disconnected. Still, over 60 megs on a 56k is still going to take a long time.

Originally posted by Soddball:

Well, unfortunately my ISP has a 2-hour disconnect on my 56k modem - so I can download around 25MB in that time.

Has anyone who runs KaZaA, Morpheus, Fileshare etc considered plonking it on their shared folder? I would be very grateful :D

I'll put it up on kazaa mate.

[ August 27, 2002, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Bastables ]

Originally posted by kmead:

So, that would be noon on September the first right? You will be amazed how many of us will be refreshing the download page at midnight :D It may be noon time where you are, but we have all night to waste unbeknownst to our wives (I'll be right up honey...) and then the whole day.

I have already forewarned my wife about the upcoming 'event' that will encompase both all of Sunday and Monday (Labour Day!!!). Figure out the tricks on Sunday, go to TCP on Monday! I assume that there are going to be a LOT of people wanting to play that first week TCP!

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

...I assume that it will not be that good for as many people who will be downloading it at the same time.

You're probably right about that part. Bummer.

:(

Oh well, like I said, I plan to sleep through the whole thing, so six hours or eight will be the same to me. If I wake up and it's still going, that will give me time to take a shower and have breakfast before I settle down in front of the computer for a week solid.

Note to self: be sure to lay in a generous supply of frozen dinners, beef jerky and Doritosâ„¢.

Michael