Reward program for pre-orders?

Sitting here going cold-turkey off cigarettes today, listening to some Beach Boys, and thinking out loud; Would'nt it be nice to get a little reward for pre-ordering? Why, yes it would! Something like a new scenario to fit in the demo? Nothing to trouble anyone about just maybe a nice little 2000 point meeting engagement using the forces already in the scenarios included with the demo. Something that would offer a little more variety to a PBEM - TCP/IP setting...

I heard it said that if you preordered more than one game, your troops will always have a +1 experience level in the second level battles. ;) Order three copies and you get all kinds of neat power-ups after the third level in combination with the +1 experience level. ;)

CMBB is gonna rock!

smile.gif

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Sitting here going cold-turkey off cigarettes today, listening to some Beach Boys

I feel your pain man, I have tried to stop smoking a few times and have been unsuccesful. Its really effecting my paintball game not to mention my Tae Kwon Do training. :(

Although I am not sure if listening to the Beach Boys is the answer. If I was going cold turkey, and had to listen to the Beach Boys, I would be chain smoking just relieve my nerves from that annoying music. :D

[ September 08, 2002, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Originally posted by Shatter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Sitting here going cold-turkey off cigarettes today, listening to some Beach Boys

I feel your pain man, I have tried to stop smoking a few times and have been unsuccesful. Its really effecting my paintball game. :(

Although I am not sure if listening to the Beach Boys is the answer. If I was going cold turkey, and had to listen to the Beach Boys, I would be chain smoking just relieve my nerves from that annoying music. :D </font>

If it'd been up to me, I'd have subbed one for Citadel..It's fun and all, and the map is amazing, but..Dosen't have the replay value Yelnia does.

Oh well..real thing will be here soon enough.

Since I'm here..I'll beg for a new scenario too...

even though they've already said no, but..here goes:

PL-EEEAAAA-SSSSSEEEE!

[ September 07, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: mch ]

[QB]Sitting here going cold-turkey off cigarettes today, listening to some Beach Boys, and thinking out loud; Would'nt it be nice to get a little reward for pre-ordering? QB]

You get this funny mettalic round thing in the mail. smile.gif

Been there, done that with the cigs. The worst bit is the first 2-3 days. To speed it up, drink orange juice or coffee (diuretics (SP?))

After 14 days, you should be nicotine free. I've been for abot 2-3 years now.

Sitting here going cold-turkey off cigarettes today, listening to some Beach Boys, and thinking out loud; Would'nt it be nice to get a little reward for pre-ordering? Why, yes it would! Something like a new scenario to fit in the demo? Nothing to trouble anyone about just maybe a nice little 2000 point meeting engagement using the forces already in the scenarios included with the demo. Something that would offer a little more variety to a PBEM - TCP/IP setting...

Oi !

What about us poor European-PC owners who can't even pre-order yet ? In essence you're saying " I placed my order, give me stuff ! " tongue.gif

Originally posted by Shatter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

I feel your pain man, I have tried to stop smoking a few times and have been unsuccesful. Its really effecting my paintball game not to mention my Tae Kwon Do training. :(

Although I am not sure if listening to the Beach Boys is the answer. If I was going cold turkey, and had to listen to the Beach Boys, I would be chain smoking just relieve my nerves from that annoying music. :D </font>

Just thought it would be a great jesture to the folks that pre-ordered to e-mail them an extra scenario for the demo. In the spirit of customer appreciation... ;)

Day 3, and not a single Marlboro has been lit. Starting to feel human again. I'll tell you what anyone who says cigarettes are not addicting is a complete utter fool.

I was going to try the nic. patches, and the gum, maybe even some Zyban. Decided the hell with it, just threw my pack out into the trash.

Originally posted by Len:

Hey, well done, Dirtweasle.

I stopped last year for 6 months, then inexplicably started again...... :( .

Addictive?..........you bet your a**.

Remember....."A day at a time".

Len

I actually managed to quit by seeing a guy who turned out to be a sports psychologist who came up with a profitable sideline smile.gif

As you say, it's a nicotine addiction, so patches don't work. Only going cold turkey & not smoking works.

Everytime I feel like having smoke (blessedly times few these days), I just remember what it feels like to run out of cigs at 2200 when you're not tired, the shops are shut & you want another one.

And I say 'Bugger that'!