BFC, Please increase the # of turns available for QBs

Agua

I commented on this in an earlier thread, but it got buried there.

With the new "huge" map parameter available in quick battles, 60 turns is not enough time to complete the really monster sized QBs. Even in CMBO, with its relatively faster pace, 60 turns frequently was insufficient for a really BIG battle like a 5,000 point assault in certain types of terrain. The inadequacy of 60 turns is exaggerated in CMBB with the slower paced advances. Is it too hard to just increase the available turns to, say, 100? (I don't know, maybe there is something that makes it really difficult to increase the turns beyond 60). Anyway, please consider changing this.

I've thought about this and I think that Agua has a point.

Everything else in QBs carries the earmark of versatility, why not the number of turns?

Some might argue that it goes beyond the "scope" of the game, but one has to remember that when the HUGE maps entered the picture, the "scope" was pretty much increased as well. Another 30 turns ought to do things nicely.

Good idea Agua. It smacks of planning for the future when we will be able to play those HUGE scenarios because we'll have the hardware to play them on.

[ September 30, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

What is the max number of minutes in available in the CMBB scenario editor? 100? 120?

(I don't have the game (yet) so I don't know :mad: )

Would that same value (not the current 30 min) not also be a good suggestion for the Max time limit on a CMBB QB?

??

Any other comments/suggestions?

-tom w

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Can ammo be increased to over 100%? I'm having a hard enought time with the standard ammo lasting forget about adding more turns.

The ammo doesn't necessarily have to be increased. The extra time would be for manouevering over large areas of terrain and giving your infantry time to get where it is going considering how much more slowly you have to herd them along. It would also give you more flexability in using reserves that would otherwise never make it to the hot spots on time.

Just a second here; does the new import QB map allow us to accomplish this by simply recycling the map with the same units on it for another QB?

[edited to include the following:] In such instances, would the units retain their prior positions at the end of the preceding QB?

[ September 30, 2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Agua ]

Originally posted by Agua:

Just a second here; does the new import QB map allow us to accomplish this by simply recycling the map with the same units on it for another QB?

[edited to include the following:] In such instances, would the units retain their prior positions at the end of the preceding QB?

Units remain in their prior positions, with the endgame ammo count when imported.

Max turns in the editor is 90 IIRC.

WWB

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Units remain in their prior positions, with the endgame ammo count when imported.

If it works like that, then that would take care of the problem, wouldn't it? Or, are there FOW changes from one QB to the next that would present a problem?

Originally posted by Agua:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

If it works like that, then that would take care of the problem, wouldn't it? Or, are there FOW changes from one QB to the next that would present a problem?</font>

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

The existing troops do not get an ammo re-supply. Don't know if anyone caught that part, but it is true. Maybe I'm the only one worried about ammo around here...

Just give the order to "Fix bayonets!"?? :D:D

Seriously, the ammo question is probably a pertinent one if it works the way you say it does, but since I don't have the full game yet I can only go by what you and other CMBB "veterans" are saying.

I would agree that your suggestion to allow a higher adjustable ammo loadout for QB's sounds reasonable in the circumstances.

AJ

I played a tcp/ip QB the other night that went 30 turns. When it was done we wanted to continue so we imported the map/forces as stated in previous posts and the game continued. We had only elected to continue for 20 more turns, and when we finished those we still wanted to continue for another 20 turns, so we did it again.

Voila! A 70 turn QB....(Finns Rock! :D )

I have to say, however, that ammo supply DID become a problem at the end. Perhaps this matter should be explored further.

[ September 30, 2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: wbs ]