Public Demand: Who wants to see Titans of TH, RD, BoB clashing?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WineCape:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

Hmm, since we at B & T did the scenarios, does that case o vino offer still stand, Winecape?

WWB

Of course! smile.gif </font>

Ok then, I only need to hear from Ghost regarding an email address. The Hotmail address I have for him may be very old.

The next step is to work out the scoring details. I will be very busy kicking off the RoW II tournament for the next 72 hours. After that, I can concentrate on this tourney. I figure this tourney will get the RoW II scenarios in 7-10 days. We have to go over some things, and work out some details first.

In the meantime, please read the second half of page one of the "RoW II: Boots & Tracks Brawl" thread. There are three consecutive posts by myself that explain things. Much of it will be applicable to this tourney.

Ghost, send me a current email address please.

I will return to this thread in earnest in a few days. In the meantime, I will keep up; but I won't have time for much posting.

Welcome, Titans, to The Clash!

Treeburst155 out.

Mike,

Why do you need to hear from Ghost? He's TH and they ALREADY have 2 players involved. If they get 3 then that's quite unfair IMO. If that's what happens then the ladder with the best PR will be being over-represented purely by virtue of their PR.

As I understand it there is 1 place free and that place will be filled from RD or have things all changed again?

WineCape had two slots for RD players, Broken and RD's official nomination, but he changed it and gave the other one to TH. Now 3 members from TH and 1 from everybody else. A bit unfair, but of course it is up to the organizer.

Hi Zahl,

Swamp is indeed from TH. However, Wreck hasn't played at TH for some 8-10 months now, and Ghost plays the majority of his games at Band of Brothers now, so I don't really know which ladder you would consider him from.

It is certainly indisputable that all three are among the best players of Combat Mission in the world! Can't wait to see the results of the tournament.

jw

Edited because I cannot spell. :(

[ June 05, 2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: jwxspoon ]

WineCape's first post in this thread currently has the following selection, at least until it is edited:

1. Rugged Defence: Awaiting official nomination

2. Tournament House: Swamp

3. Bands of Brothers: SurlyBen

4. Blitzkrieg: Major TakTik

5. WarefareHQ: DeathDealer

6: Fion Kelley

7: Wreck

8: Broken!

Swamp, Wreck and Ghost are definitely among the best players of the community, but there are other exceptional individuals who have not received the recognition they deserve. Hopefully this tourney will change that. The above three are famous because of their feats at TH. I hope that great Rugged Defense players, past or present, do not lose the second slot that was already listed. RD is afterall the largest CM ladder together with TH.

I am still thinking that TH has gotten 3 players in ( regardless of how the fine print can be argued) out of 8. I am disquieted about this.

Personally if no-one from RD is forthcoming and Broken is already in then I'd nominate Tomcat or Buckeye instead of Ghost ( the 3rd TH player... and yeah you can argue the fine print there but even if you count him as BoB he's the 2nd nominee from there...)

I thought the initial idea was 1 from each ladder plus independents. Now it is either TH 3 or TH 2 and BoB 2 (depending on how you allocate Ghost).

Sure it is Charl's call in the end but I think that other "independent" players could be found instead of Ghost and they'd add more to the tourney than a 3rd TH player (or 2nd BoB). If those ladders get multiple players then the others should get multiple players also and THEN it becomes something much bigger and less pure than I think it was envisioned as.

[ June 05, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

This is what I have from WineCape:

RoW II: TITANS! consist of:

(1) SWAMP

(2) GHOST

(3) DEATHDEALER

(4) WRECK

(5) SURLYBEN

(6) MAJORTAKTIK

(7) BROKEN! (depending on RD's nomination)

(8) FIONN

The above will be the participants for TITANS!

Gentlemen,

I have stated on more than one occasion that although players come from different tourney house and are invited as such, they will in essence represent themselves in TITANS.

TITANS will not be about any tourney house per se, but about TOP PLAYERS, and if the very best was not forthcoming earlier from the different tourney houses and as independants, I will take the next in line, whether from the same house/ladder or not. I am happy with the selection/nominations that I received from the tourney houses, and as long as there are at least one player that belongs to one of the 5 tourney houses here at any given moment, then that is mission fulfilled.

Now if ladder owners/leaders want to include even higher positioned players than the currently listed TITANS, they were welcome to do so. But none were forthcoming, nor new independants when I called for a vote to get them here.

Granted, I originally completely forgot to include GHOST - my fault here and I apologize - whom responded here, and I gave RD a 2-choice berth, Broken! and their official nomination. Now I have included Ghost, and RD (Robert Hall) told me that they will stick with Broken! as their nomination in the absence of any word otherwise. I have also seen, by doing some surfing on the ladders, that some players play at more than 1 ladder that is listed here as TITANS, or that they move between ladders as they see fit. Do they exclusively belong to just one tourney house? Some yes, others not. Again, as long as there is one tourney house player from the 5 here, I am happy.

Yes, and Treeburst knows nuffink, so please do not bother him about this. smile.gif He has 72 RoW II eager players' schedules to juggle as well as 8 TITANS.

Godspeed I say and good luck to all TITANS! Now please do not let Fionn as independent win TITANS, as many an argument about the amount of different tourney house representatives here (or not) will then really turn moot!

Sincerely

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

[ June 05, 2002, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Hi Fionn.

Thanks for the nomination, but I'm afraid I'd have to decline even if there was room, because I helped playtest most of the scenarios that you fellahs soon will be whomping each other's asses on. ;)

So, best of luck to all of you. I'll be VERY interested to see how it goes. May the best man win!

Hi Fionn.

Thanks for the nomination, but I'm afraid I'd have to decline even if there was room, because I helped playtest most of the scenarios that you fellahs soon will be whomping each other's asses on. ;)

So, best of luck to all of you. I'll be VERY interested to see how it goes. May the best man win!

Oh, and by the way, Winecape, that wine can't all go to the scenario designers...us testers are thirsty too! :D

In light of there still being no "official nomination" for this Tournament from Edwin Vos of Rugged Defense by the stated deadline of earlier today, I will fully support and endorse the earlier nomination of Broken! as the representative from Rugged Defense, although I appreciate all players in the Tourney will be competing "on their own behalf".

All I can say is Heaven help those who have to meet him on the CM battlefield ;) . He is certainly one very tough CMBO player! Best of luck Broken!

Rob